Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.

Guest Message by DevFuse

C-MAX Energi membership upgrade information can be found here.

C-MAX Energi Premium Memberships

Click here to learn about our upgraded memberships.

Ad

Ad

Photo
- - - - -

Phone compatibility with SYNC

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DozerBob

DozerBob

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationLaguna Hills, CA
  • Color:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Sterling Grey Energi, Finally

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

Does anyone have the HTC DNA phone? I'm going to upgrade to a smartphone in mid April. I'm on Verizon.  It's got a 5 inch screen and I'd like to know if sync supports the text message feature. Thanks for the info. DozerBob

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   fwroberts

fwroberts

Rick

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 523 posts
  • LocationMontague, MA
  • Color:Oxford White
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Energi - 303A

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

There was a time when I loved HTC, but now I'm an iPhone guy.

Can't answer the compatibility question.

#3 OFFLINE   rhea

rhea

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 161 posts
  • LocationOkeechobee, FL
  • Color:Ice Storm
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:25 AM

This post indicates that it is possible. You may want to follow up with that poster if you need help.You might get some info here.  This article doesn't specifically refer to texting, but it has some general connectivity info. It seems like it should work.

#4 OFFLINE   DozerBob

DozerBob

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:06 AM

Thank you, rhea

#5 OFFLINE   rhea

rhea

• 161 posts
  • LocationOkeechobee, FL

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

DozerBob, just curious if you were able to get this working. My husband's iphone with latest iOS works, but my Nexus 4 doesn't (BT stack changed in last update: JB4.2.2). But, "there is an app for that!" LOL. I think Google will fix it as many complaints. I'm going to look at roms to see if someone hasn't cooked up something with the old BT stack.

Edited by rhea, 16 March 2013 - 03:09 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   DozerBob

DozerBob

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

I'm not eligible for the upgrade till mid April. Even then the phone is $199.00. Other HTC products have a lot of functionality on the compatibility chart so I'm hoping for the best.

It's got a 5 inch screen too! My eyes are going bad.

#7 OFFLINE   rhea

rhea

• 161 posts
  • LocationOkeechobee, FL

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

Gotcha. I had to quickly move from a 3.2" screen to a 4.5/4.7" screen. Chances are pretty good it will work for you.

#8 OFFLINE   rhea

rhea

• 161 posts
  • LocationOkeechobee, FL

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

I've done some more research on text messaging. It seems that Android 4.1 uses a a bluetooth stack that supports MAP. The DNA is reported to still have that OS. I'm still trying to get it working on my Nexus 4 which runs 4.2.2--a different stack that doesn't support MAP. I'm running a rom (XenonHD, if anyone cares) that is supposed to have BT MAP support but haven't been successful. The phone connects and does calls fine. If I get really curious, I'll flash a 4.1 rom just to see what happens. 

#9 OFFLINE   jheth

jheth

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA
  • Current Vehicle:N/A

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:57 AM

I know this is a HTC topic, but if anyone needs to get this working on iPhone, this link is helpful:

http://support.ford....nc-myford-touch

I have the latest SW version on my car (v3.6 I think), and running iOS 6.1.4 on iPhone5. I followed the instructions in the link, and it worked. Text messages pop-up on my car's touchscreen.

Jeremy

#10 OFFLINE   DozerBob

DozerBob

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

After months of debate I got myself a Smartphone! Verizons Samsung Galaxy S4 Baseband version ME7. It does everything Sync could ask it to do.

Automatic phonebook download

Bluetooth Audio Streaming, Not only can I play Pandora or IHeart Radio through my cars speakers,I can play a MP4 of my movies on the phone and get the sound through the cars speakers.

Caller ID

Call history download

Join calls

Phone tethering

Photo ID All my phones contact photos show up on the MFT display

Text Messaging Works great when stopped.

Also, if you don't have the Navigation feature installed as I don't, "300a package" . Just download from Google Play Store a program called "WAZE". It's better than my Garmins. When you choose a destination it takes into account all the other "WAZERS" [people who are also running the WAZE program] speed to determine the best route. And the display is great. It automatically zooms in when your driving slow and zooms out when going fast. Also when another WAZER sees a hazard or Policeman on the road you can flag it so others will be warn of the hazards or Policeman in your path. Here's a photo of my setup. I also upladed a coupe of wallpapers to enjoy.

Go to my gallery to download the full images @ 800 x 380

IMG 3262[1]
tahiti sunset2
tree2

Edited by DozerBob, 03 October 2013 - 08:28 PM.

#11 OFFLINE   DistortedEnergi

DistortedEnergi

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, San Fernando & Santa Clarita
  • Color:White Platinum

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:01 AM

Also, if you don't have the Navigation feature installed as I don't, "300a package" . Just download from Google Play Store a program called "WAZE". It's better than my Garmins. When you choose a destination it takes into account all the other "WAZERS" [people who are also running the WAZE program] speed to determine the best route. And the display is great. It automatically zooms in when your driving slow and zooms out when going fast. Also when another WAZER sees a hazard or Policeman on the road you can flag it so others will be warn of the hazards or Policeman in your path. Here's a photo of my setup.

I'm package 303A, so all the bells and whistles in my Sync/MFT, except for AppLink...go figure.  I actually didn't want all the MFT & Sirius stuff and wouldn't have paid for it if it were an option, but leather seats are a must for me, and they come as a package.  What a b*tch.  My plan for the Energi had been skip the navigation and Sirius, and just use AppLink for Slacker Radio, etc., and an air-vent mounted smartphone for navigation; but Ford didn't make that an option for me.  Anyways, after two different top of the line Ford Edges over 6 years with all the Sync/MFT stuff, I never used the built in navigation.  Apps on my phone have always done a much better job.

I use Waze most of the time.  Have been for almost a year.  It's NOT the best navigator out there, in my opinion, but it's the best at combining navigation, real-time traffic that actually re-routes you, and of course the police/hazard/traffic-jams spotting by fellow Wazers.  It's the last option that makes it my first choice for navigation.  No other navigator I've used has that feature, but there are apps that do that.  Ever since Google acquired Waze, the pop-up adverts when you stop have really increased, but they're not that annoying.  The best navigator out there used to be Navigon, but I haven't used it in years.  it's the only one that I've actually ever had route me off the freeway and onto a surface street to avoid a traffic jam.  One time it told me to take the off-ramp and get right back on crossing the street to the on-ramp.  It actually moved me about 20 cars ahead in the traffic queue!  Smart.  None of the others, including Waze do that for me.  Anyways, we should probably have a "what navigator app do you use" thread instead of polluting this one about them.

More on topic, I'm using a Motorola Droid Maxx, HTC One (T-Mo) and a Verizon Galaxy Nexus all paired with BT to the C-Max.  They all work 100% fine in both phone and audio streaming modes.  The Maxx works fine as a USB connected media player as well; I haven't tested the other devices.  I think any recent Android phone with the last version or two of Jelly Bean OS should have zero issues with Sync/MFT.

#12 OFFLINE   JeanLucBlue

JeanLucBlue

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Color:Blue Candy
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX ENERGI

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

Hey guys been to other forums but thought I would stick to the one I am familar with...ours! Anyway, I hope this fits in, I have not been receiving txt msgs since I upgrade SYNC. I have a DROID RAZR M on Android version 4.1.2. From what I can find, either the SYNC update has messed up my txt capability while in the car or the newest version of Droid has. I had read that the newest version of Driod 4.1.2 had the MAP part left out some how. I am a new Smart phone user so this stuff is newer to me. Everything worked fine before the SYNC upgrade with texting. However, I do not know when my phone was upgraded since it is done automatically. I did delete and re-install my phone. No differance.

At this point, I do not get any notification I have a txt msg and when I go to the messaging button inSync I get the following message: ' Currently connected phone does not support text messaging via bluetooth".

#13 OFFLINE   SSE

SSE

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationOutside Atlanta GA
  • Color:Ruby Red
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:10 PM

Hi All,

I know I'm a little late on this.... I have an HTC One M8 and have no problems with my 2011 Escape so hopefully won't have an issue with my Energi either :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users