Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Key Fob Case/Cover

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Frankman

Frankman

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSouthern California
  • Current Vehicle:Chevrolet Volt

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

I am looking for a key fob case/cover that fits the Energi key fob.  There are various types of cases available for key fobs including tight fitting silicone types or leather pouch types with clear plastic windows over the buttons.  But I'm having trouble finding one for the Energi fob.  Is there another Ford vehicle that uses the same key fob as the Energi's?

Edit:  It looks like the same key fob is used by the 2011/2012 Ford Edge.  Here's the fob cover I ordered:  http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1439.l2649

Edited by Frankman, 07 March 2013 - 11:18 AM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Ian

Ian

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationCape Cod
  • Current Vehicle:Energi

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

Now there's something I never thought of. Let us know if it fits.

#3 OFFLINE   mipmapped

mipmapped

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley, CA
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi 300A

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

Edit:  It looks like the same key fob is used by the 2011/2012 Ford Edge.  Here's the fob cover I ordered:  http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1439.l2649

I've been looking for something that completely covers the switches to prevent them being pressed (I've not used them in the three months since getting the car!). If anyone finds such a thing do please post. The above may work turned around but it looks like it might be too flexible.

#4 OFFLINE   Frankman

Frankman

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationSouthern California
  • Current Vehicle:Chevrolet Volt

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:14 PM

The key fob sleeve fits very well.  See photo.

I am looking for a key fob case/cover that fits the Energi key fob.  There are various types of cases available for key fobs including tight fitting silicone types or leather pouch types with clear plastic windows over the buttons.  But I'm having trouble finding one for the Energi fob.  Is there another Ford vehicle that uses the same key fob as the Energi's?

Attached Files

• rhea likes this

#5 OFFLINE   HOV MAX

HOV MAX

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationHampton VA
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

Did you change/edit the link to ebay? in your first post??  I went to the link that was on the page and ordered the one for the 2013 Ford Edge as it is the same one as the C-Max and they sent something that was too small, then told me when I sent photo that they do not carry anything that size and refunded my money............ now your post shows a photo with one that looks correct.

#6 OFFLINE   jeffegg2

jeffegg2

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 187 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Locationwestland, mi.
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1497.l2649

I bought one and it fits perfectly....

#7 OFFLINE   DWS

DWS

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationHampton VA
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

Thanks for the posts.... I ordered some for my cars today

#8 OFFLINE   coloplugin

coloplugin

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationLouisville, CO
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Energi

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:01 PM

Maybe a case to protect the keyfob from inadvertent commands is the way to go.  I may do this myself.  Here's a related thread:

http://fordcmaxenerg...-fob-casecover/

#9 OFFLINE   Jonathan Ezor

Jonathan Ezor

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 209 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-MAX Energi

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:56 PM

Resurrecting this topic as I've found my tailgate open a few times recently when I've come out from my home or office. I think the button on the key fob is getting pressed (twice) in my pocket. Has anyone discovered either (a) a tight-fitting cover that prevents button pressing, since I rarely if ever use the actual fob buttons, or (b) some sort of button-free fob that can be programmed to lock/unlock/allow starting but otherwise doesn't offer any functionality? Thanks. {Jonathan}

#10 OFFLINE   Milkman

Milkman

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationKy between Dead Horse Holler and Yellowbank
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:C-max Energi, Prius, Lexus

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:48 PM

I ordered these, they fit well and keep stuff in my pocket from pushing the panic button.

https://www.ebay.com...=item2372b6790c

Edited by Milkman, 23 January 2018 - 04:48 PM.

#11 OFFLINE   dicko

dicko

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationWoodstock, IL
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 23 January 2018 - 06:10 PM

Resurrecting this topic as I've found my tailgate open a few times recently when I've come out from my home or office. I think the button on the key fob is getting pressed (twice) in my pocket. Has anyone discovered either (a) a tight-fitting cover that prevents button pressing, since I rarely if ever use the actual fob buttons, or (b) some sort of button-free fob that can be programmed to lock/unlock/allow starting but otherwise doesn't offer any functionality? Thanks. {Jonathan}

Your keyfob may be going bad.

Open the keyfob (like you're changing the battery) and look at the underside of the rubber membrane.  You should see teeny metal discs glued to the rubber button membrane that when the button is pressed make contact with the foil fingers on the circuit board.  The glue holding these discs in place dries out and the discs fall off, shorting out the circuit board fingers.

The solution is to just remove the metal disc for the affected button and put the whole keyfob back together.  The affected button will no longer work but there will be no more false presses.

In my remote, the  discs for the hatch and lock buttons have fallen off. I removed the defective discs and the buttons no longer work but I dont care. I never use them.

Edited by dicko, 23 January 2018 - 06:11 PM.

• Jonathan Ezor likes this

#12 OFFLINE   Jonathan Ezor

Jonathan Ezor

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 209 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-MAX Energi

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:55 AM

Update: Before dismantling and disabling my keyfob, I'm trying this case from Amazon, which should be here next week. Will try to report back. https://www.amazon.c...uct/B00OFRUUPE¬†{Jonathan}

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·