Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

New Level 1 Charge cord recall Replacement is here

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   stewie316

stewie316

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMichigan
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max Energi Hybrid

Posted 06 May 2019 - 11:34 AM

59654967_440616396706292_706646038588424

Miss the white one but at least this one works right.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,337 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 07 May 2019 - 05:33 PM

Is there any speed change in charging?  I mean is this one slower or the same as the original?

-=>Raja.

#3 OFFLINE   stewie316

stewie316

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 08 May 2019 - 12:31 PM

I'd say about the same.  Mine takes 4hours 10 second to charge empty to full.  I'm noticing i'm getting 3.6 to 3.8kwh out of my battery.  I'm sure cells have died.

#4 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,109 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 10 May 2019 - 08:22 AM

I'd say about the same.  Mine takes 4hours 10 second to charge empty to full.  I'm noticing i'm getting 3.6 to 3.8kwh out of my battery.  I'm sure cells have died.

It is highly unlikely that any cells have died. Most likely the lower capacity is the result of the HVB degrading. The most likely cause of degraded HVB is overheating the batteries. I have similar degraded batteries. The degradation in my HVB occurred during the summer of 2015 when the pack frequently had overheated. Since then I have actively monitored the HVB temp and avoided overheating the HVB. There has been little additional HVB degradation.

Originally each HVB cell charged to 4.08V. Now the cells charge to a lower level around 4.05V. Checking the actual SOC with a ScanGauge used to show charge levels at 98% when the HVB was fully charged. Now the charge only reaches only 95%. Note that the SOC on the center screen will still show 100% at full charge but even that reading will drop much quicker than when the HVB was new. I also have checked the variation between cells and even in the degraded state the cells are charging with little or no variation between individual cells.

Tom

• stewie316 likes this

#5 OFFLINE   scohen158

scohen158

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationKansas City Area
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 13 May 2019 - 09:50 AM

Can anyone get one of these? Mine errors often but I installed Level 2 charging so haven’t needed it lately. I have a 2016 Cmax Energi.

#6 OFFLINE   stewie316

stewie316

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:17 AM

Yes, if you got a recall notice or have one online.  You can get a new one by going to your dealer and returning the old one.  (call first) have vin number and old charger ready.

#7 OFFLINE   Tony_NC

Tony_NC

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationFuquay Varina NC
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C Max

Posted Yesterday, 02:40 AM

i got mine yesterday. it seems to charge slower.  it seems that the mating connector on the c max may have been replaced too. it seems cleaner and maybe a different texture.

Does anyone know if there was a software change associated with this?  Like different charge parameters?   Yesterdays first charge from empty took about an hour longer than usual.   It took approx 4 hours, which had usually taken 3 - 3.5  hrs.

have a great day-

Tony

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·