Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

What led you to the ENERGI in your Car Ownership History?

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   pjsjr

pjsjr

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationBelmont MA
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

The last time I used a Ford product was the 289 in my Sunbeam Tiger (bought it new in 1965, and still have it). I've been watching BEVs and PHEVs for years, and wondering why the factory did not improve on the various Prius hackings that were available, and finally disappointed that the PIP did not have a bigger battery.

We decided that our lifestyle did not allow for a BEV; even though most of our driving is local, we do take occasional trips into areas that don't have charging stations. So we decided we needed a PHEV. I've also been watching battery technology, and although it can't be said to be following Moore's curve, I do believe we are going to see a significant improvement in $/energy density over a period  time that will be shorter than the expected ownership interval for our car. So it was important to find a PHEV that was friendly to getting the battery replaced in a few years. This ruled out the Volt, as it's battery is so integrated into the frame that it would be a bear to change.

We almost bought a PIP, since the factory was offering a $4500 discount. But the Energi's ride, better all-battery range, and amenities like the big sunroof won out and we bought one on Jan. 2 this year. Despite the 40 mi. it first spent at the dealer's doing demos, we are up to a combined 75 MPG at 2,000 mi. The two times we have filled the gas tank since we bought the car will take us well into April.

Even though we use the L1 charger that came with the car at home, we have had two occasions to refill the battery using a charging station (L2), and in both cases the juice was gratis! We have joined ChargePoint and may sometimes actually pay for the juice in the future- still a great deal.

• hybridbear likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   Tom K - Baltimore

Tom K - Baltimore

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:07 AM

Similar to others in this forum, I too was driving a gas hungry F-150 with the 5.4L V8 engine. The truck served me well for 167,000 miles and gave me no trouble except for its insatiable appetite for gas.  I went to the car show and tried to fit into many hybrids and medium sized cars (I have a family of 5) and found the C-Max the only one that i could fit into comfortably with sufficient ceiling height that i did not have to put the seat in a reclined position to keep my head from hitting the ceiling.  I also have had a good experience with Ford over the years so that helped with the decision.   

Next, Hybrid or plug in?  I picked up the Plug in since i could get the $3750 federal and in MD we were able to get up to a $2,000 tax credit, so with those savings in mind the basic C-max Energi SEL was just as inexpensive as a Hybrid SEL and i get to plug it in and not buy much gas! 

I have had it nearly two weeks with 600+ miles and have used 7 gallons of gas! I had the MPG readout up to 135 MPG but then i had to take several extended journeys that lowered my average. A lot better than the 12-14 MPG of my F-150! I can get used to putting 14 gallons of gas in once a month vs. 25 gallons once a week!  

#23 OFFLINE   Agapesong

Agapesong

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationHonolulu
  • Current Vehicle:CMax Energi 302A

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

I am currently driving my 15th Volvo Wagon, a 1999 V70 XC. We are replacing my wife's 2009 VW Jetta with the CMAX Energi.
I've owned Volvos for 30 years because I could repair them myself. The Jetta and the New Beetle before it are absolutely unserviceable by the owner by design. It is commonly known that the VW Jetta has the highest cost of ownership of ANY car after five years. This one with 28K miles and out of warrantee is already threatening to cost lots of money. Living on Oahu with a commute of less than ten miles round trip, the Energi will operate almost entirely EV for my wife. We will charge 3-4 times a week at home 110v. With electric costs of $.30/kwh
It will cost about $1.85 to charge fully depleted battery. This works out to be about half the cost of operating the Jetta at $4.10/gallon. With regen and free public charge, we will save ~$125/month in operating costs over the Jetta. This alone does not justify the the price of the ENERGI at about 2 times the price of the Jetta. Relatively low lease payments and the good feeling of doing the right thing informed our decision the buy a plugin hybrid. The CMAX ENERGI Was the clear choice. The "Geek Factor" is a big one for me ( not so much for her). I love technology ( Apple). If I can have a TESLA (yet), The ENERGI is clearly the next best thing. After the 3 year lease, I expect that the technology will have evolved to a new level, especially battery technology. It's our time to enter the 21st Century.
Hawaii, with year round temps of 70-85, should provide maximum battery efficiency. Short commutes and many free public charging stations, should allow almost 100% EV operation except for OMM and FMM. One more week until Red arrives on Island. I hope she is having a pleasant voyage.
  • hybridbear likes this

#24 OFFLINE   Pumpman

Pumpman

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSan diego ca
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax energi

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:02 AM

Hi,

I put in a 13.5 KW solar array last year and had some extra capacity to add an electric. My Chrysler T&C car was getting about 15-16 MPg and wanted to move up to better more enviromentally freindly vehicle. Read about the Plug ins. I test frove a prius plug in, but it was not good. So I went with the CMax. Very happy. I did lease as the technology is changing quickly. I am getting average 74.9 MPGe now over 600 miles. Most of my driving is local. I am going to put in a level 2 charger soon. I utilize all the level 2 chargers around me in San Diego so I can get by with only a bit of gas for the commute sto San Diego. Any suggestions on chargers. I see I can get a $1000 tax credit for putting this in.

Richard

• altabrig, hybridbear and MarionSpyder NY like this

#25 OFFLINE   altabrig

altabrig

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 532 posts
  • LocationSouthern California
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Cmax energi Oxford White 2011 Subaru Outback 3.6R

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

Nice move is SD!  Excellent choice with the solar and plug - I imagine we will see some gain is battery technology and price in 5-7 years.   Photovoltaic improvement is another issue, but you'll probably get 20 years out of your current array from the little I have read.  

Aloha to Oahu.  Sounds like a good match despite the higher Kwh charges.   Gas might be short run cheap, but is sure as heck isn't staying below $4 nationally for long.

I gotta say that for driving fun the Cmax gives a lot more feedback than the Gen III Prius in any of its iterations.   Prii are clearly the choice for long HWY runs if the interior fit and finish and driving experience aren't a big deal.

• hybridbear likes this

#26 OFFLINE   mikeb

mikeb

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 264 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

Hiya pumpman. It's great to hear about people with solar arrays and plug-ins, that's the way to go. :)

As for a level 2 charger, there's a number of reasonably priced ones at the usual places, just plug in 'EV charger' at Lowes, Home Depot, or Amazon and you'll see most of the available choices. I went with a Siemens Versicharge, partly because I spotted an open box sale and partly because I like the one-button delay function. When I get home from work, I can quickly decide to recharge immediately for my next trip or delay recharging until the middle of the night. Also note that there's a Federal 30% tax credit for chargers, in addition to the tax credit for the plug-in car itself. I also like the chargers that plug into a 220v outlet, rather than the ones that are hard-wired to the building.

• hybridbear likes this

#27 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 249 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationMinneapolis
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium, 2013 Focus Electric, parents have a C-Max Energi

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

Did the 30% tax credit on chargers get extended for 2013? I searched online but did not find anything that stated it was extended beyond 12/31/12.

Thanks.

Hiya pumpman. It's great to hear about people with solar arrays and plug-ins, that's the way to go. :)

As for a level 2 charger, there's a number of reasonably priced ones at the usual places, just plug in 'EV charger' at Lowes, Home Depot, or Amazon and you'll see most of the available choices. I went with a Siemens Versicharge, partly because I spotted an open box sale and partly because I like the one-button delay function. When I get home from work, I can quickly decide to recharge immediately for my next trip or delay recharging until the middle of the night. Also note that there's a Federal 30% tax credit for chargers, in addition to the tax credit for the plug-in car itself. I also like the chargers that plug into a 220v outlet, rather than the ones that are hard-wired to the building.

#28 OFFLINE   rubyredenergi

rubyredenergi

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMax Energi

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:39 PM

Previously I had a Lexus GX470. I was getting about 15-17mpg. I truly did love the car and since I was only driving about 10,000 miles per year the gas cost was not that much of an issue. The car came with good technology in the navigation and voice activated features,BUT the cd player was in the glove box and there was a cassette player in the dash. After 3 years I wanted a cd player in the dash and some cars were already streaming music. Year after year I looked at the newer models of my Lexus  and each year there was a cassette in the dash...What do we live in the stone ages? I finally left Lexus and went to Lincoln and got the MKT in it's first year out. Lincoln is as luxurious as Lexus and the technology with Sync was outstanding(CD in the dash and music streaming). I had this car for almost 4 years. Loved this car and the only complaint I had was gas mileage. Only about 22 highway and 18 around town. I started traveling more and decided it was time to go green. 

I researched plug in hybrids as I was not ready to attempt full electric(I occasionally travel now and one way is 100 miles) I sat in a Volt and loved the look but when I pressed the voice activation button and said"climate".. The salesman said...it doesn't do that.. It only works on the phone. (again, stone ages). Ford has spoiled me.. Their technology has been great. 

Next I sat in a Prius. The car had no electric seats..all manual and the hatchback in the back had to be opened with a key(WHAT??) Nothing on the key fob to open it or even a button on the back. You had to physically use a key.(Really I am not joking.) Now I did give up some luxories leaving Lincoln.. I miss my BLIS and my Seat Memory... But I will not live with a key opening up a hatchback. 

I got my Ruby Red Energi last week and I still have a full tank of gas. I am definitely getting better than 20mpg:) The technology is good but we seem to lag a bit on the MY Ford Mobile site. The tutorial of what it will be looks great.. Hope we get there soon:)

• altabrig likes this

#29 OFFLINE   KeiJidosha

KeiJidosha

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationSimi Valley, CA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi SG/LS w/ 303A

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

I’m manufacturer agnostic, so no preference other than the right tool for the job. Made the "No plug, no deal" pledge after the MINI E. The Honda Fit EV works well for us as our MINI E BEV replacement. Next up was my wife's 2004 Nissan Murano that I was lobbying to replace with a Toyota RAV4EV, but her driving patterns are ~15 mile daily commute, or 200+ mile weekend trips to competitions, and she has no time to be sitting at a charger. The Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is still more than a year away. The Chevy Volt is too small. so Prius Plug-in and Ford C-Max Energi were the only plug-in's to fit the profile.

After driving the Prius Plug-in and C-Max Energi, she chose the Energi. Double the mileage on long trips compared to the Murano, and gas free commuting all week. Comfortable room for 5 on short or long trips, compact footprint for urban driving and parking. Quite, with nicely balanced handling. Two months in, very happy with the car.

Re solar, our neighbor to the south has a stand of pine trees that shade our entire house and yard. Not very green to cut down his forest for solar, On the up-side, I just never use the AC

• dr61, altabrig and Izzy like this

#30 OFFLINE   Mr. Green Jeans

Mr. Green Jeans

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:36 AM

I purchased a 2010 Prius three years ago this month.  I really like the vehicle a lot and ended up selling it to my son.  I wanted a vehicle that I would not have to hyper mile to get great MPG.  I considered a Prius Plug-In, a Ford Fusion Energi, Ford C-Max  Energi and Chevrolet Volt.  The prototype Volt was a sharp looking vehicle to me, but ended up being more difficult for me to get in and out of than the Prius, so that excluded it right off the bat.  The Fusion is a great looking vehicle as well but was almost as bad as the Volt to get in and out of.  The Prius Plug-In is listed as 11 miles per charge.  In a real world, we know that transitions to around 7-9 miles. I need more than that.   I have had four Ford trucks over the years and liked every one of them.  The C-Max Energi seemed like a good fit and at 21 miles per charge, exceeded the Prius.  It has been excellent so far.  220 MPG.... My only complaint would be the large battery pack, but I knew that going in.

• altabrig and MarionSpyder NY like this

#31 OFFLINE   rek108

rek108

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, Pennsylvania
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi, 2010 Fusion Hybrid

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:09 PM

I wanted a plug-in hybrid that didn't look like an armadillo :wink:

#32 OFFLINE   RBookman

RBookman

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • Current Vehicle:Prius Plugin

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

I ended up buying a Plugin Prius. While the battery is small the fuel efficiency is far better than my original estimates. At this point my life time fuel efficency is 177 mpg. My EV/HV ratio is 76%. Majority of my trips are less than 15 miles. By the way while my estimated EV is currently only 9.8. However, this is the result my climbing a strep hil to my house which eats charge. When driving a relatively flat route I can get up to 14 to 15 miles EV. By the way I do not mind the armadillo look. My PIP is our everyday utility car back and forth to work and errands. When we hit the highway it does very well (~65 mpg). Thanks to the warm weather we are averaging over 400 mpg. Not bad for a car that cost less 24k including all incentives and the tax credit.
Based on our experience we intend to purchase a second PHEV in a year or two.

Couple of key points:
Batteries are expensive! In the near term the cost of barrteries will restrict EV/PHEVs.
While EV range is great for ad campaigns buyers need to evaluate each car as a system (battery, ICE, software etc).
We need to do our best to encourage others to jump on the EV/PHEV band wagon.
  • MarionSpyder NY likes this

#33 OFFLINE   jdbob

jdbob

Techo Geek

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 606 posts
  • LocationJohn Day, Oregon

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:04 PM

I saw a review on MotorWeek and it looked like it would fit my needs.

#34 OFFLINE   altabrig

altabrig

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:54 AM

Previously I had a Lexus GX470. I was getting about 15-17mpg. I truly did love the car and since I was only driving about 10,000 miles per year the gas cost was not that much of an issue. The car came with good technology in the navigation and voice activated features,BUT the cd player was in the glove box and there was a cassette player in the dash. After 3 years I wanted a cd player in the dash and some cars were already streaming music. Year after year I looked at the newer models of my Lexus  and each year there was a cassette in the dash...What do we live in the stone ages? I finally left Lexus and went to Lincoln and got the MKT in it's first year out. Lincoln is as luxurious as Lexus and the technology with Sync was outstanding(CD in the dash and music streaming). I had this car for almost 4 years. Loved this car and the only complaint I had was gas mileage. Only about 22 highway and 18 around town. I started traveling more and decided it was time to go green. 

I researched plug in hybrids as I was not ready to attempt full electric(I occasionally travel now and one way is 100 miles) I sat in a Volt and loved the look but when I pressed the voice activation button and said"climate".. The salesman said...it doesn't do that.. It only works on the phone. (again, stone ages). Ford has spoiled me.. Their technology has been great. 

Next I sat in a Prius. The car had no electric seats..all manual and the hatchback in the back had to be opened with a key(WHAT??) Nothing on the key fob to open it or even a button on the back. You had to physically use a key.(Really I am not joking.) Now I did give up some luxories leaving Lincoln.. I miss my BLIS and my Seat Memory... But I will not live with a key opening up a hatchback. 

I got my Ruby Red Energi last week and I still have a full tank of gas. I am definitely getting better than 20mpg:) The technology is good but we seem to lag a bit on the MY Ford Mobile site. The tutorial of what it will be looks great.. Hope we get there soon:)

Sync/MFT has been a bit iffy, but the car's positive driving feedback, comfort, and EV/hybrid efficiency have far outweighed the software glitchiness. 

Just logged on  to MFM for the first time last week and  glad I didn't go through the initial frustration a few month ago.  The site has only been down once for me.  I like the trip review feature.  I am going in for  the NAV, Hatch and 12volt flash tomorrow 6/25.   

What can I say I am at 60.1 MPGE lifetime  with 6300 miles.  With a little strategic driving it is not to hard to get behind a truck in the slow lane and achieve over 50 MPGE in EV Later.

If you are doing 65-70 miles a day and willing to drive slowly with lots of REGEN, you can get over 60 MPGE.

Great car.  If the $$$ battery does go early, hopefully it will be covered with the CA CARB states warranty.

Or drive like the Prius V.

The Energi's rear battery pack raises the trunk area to a perfect diaper change level. :wink:

#35 OFFLINE   Mr. Green Jeans

Mr. Green Jeans

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:24 AM

I am calling my C-Max Tarkus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarkus

• jaydrama likes this

#36 OFFLINE   altabrig

altabrig

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:54 AM

I am calling my C-Max Tarkus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarkus

Apt. 220px-Emerson%2C_Lake_%26_Palmer_-_Tarku  Stolen from WIKIPEDIA

#37 OFFLINE   tpowel2

tpowel2

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi 302A

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

I traded in a Mercedes E class that was starting to get a lot of miles and since it ran on premium and it was only getting 22 mpg I decided it was time for it to go.   We already had a Prius too and although we love it, our daily commute is about 20 miles, we looked at getting a PIP, but I really didn't want two of the same looking cars.  When we found out the C-Max had double the EV range of the PIP we were hooked!  So far we are in LOVE with it.  We only have about 1000 miles on it right now and we still have 3/4 of a tank of gas.  AWESOME!!!  Since she is Ruby Red, we've named her Ruby Sue.

Edited by tpowel2, 25 June 2013 - 05:53 PM.

#38 OFFLINE   Binky

Binky

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationCT
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Volt Premier

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:22 AM

I always drove performance cars, and sold my Supercharged Mustang GT and traded my Mazdaspeed3 (also had an older Mustang, Camaro, Probe and Focus in the past) for the CMax.    I never drove the Mustang because I have two kids and getting the car seats in and out of them was a royal pain in the butt.  Taxes and insurance were high on them too.  I installed a 26 panel solar array with micro inverters this year and generate well over the 15 KWH I use daily, sometimes as high as 36 KHW generated.  When I saw the plug in hybrid's I figured I could utilize this extra electricity in my rush hour commutes rather than just collecting a check for it at the end of the year.  I'm also an Ambit consultant, so anything over what I generate I get rebate checks for.... so basically it's free for me to drive this thing as long as I drive it carefully.  My descision to go to this car was purely of a financial nature, the same with the solar panels.

The entertainment value of this vehicle is completely opposite my previous vehicles.  Gone are the hot starts from a light to high way speeds which always put a smile on my face.  Instead I'm watching my scores on my dashboard (while paying attention to the road of course) to ensure that I'm minimizing engine use and maximizing battery capacity/charge levels.  It's also nice being ignored by other performance car enthusiasts where as before I'd always catch revs and get challenged for position in daily driving.  That got stressful, dangerous, and frankly, annoying.   Now I'm just a speed bump for everyone else while I merrily play a resource management game on my commute. 

My friends and family are shocked that I went in this direction, but honestly, the transition was instantaneous and not at all inconvenient.  The other day I used .6 gallons of gas on a 55 mile trip, my mind was blown. 

#39 OFFLINE   dontfret

dontfret

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:13 AM

Bought a Lexus RX300 4WD new in 2000, loved it for comfort, luxury ride, cargo capacity.  But the past few years driving it in stop and go city traffic on a 9 mile commute (plus weekend road trips) and really noticing the ~17 MPG and filling it up every 4 - 6 days.  Got the CMAX NRG and now running about 100 MPG with a nightly charge.  My daughter pined for the RX300to better transport newborn + gear (read stroller, bags, etc....).  I warned her about the mileage. After a week she said she was surprised how much gas it used.  Getting used to the hard road feel of the NRG - when I ride over a dime I can tell you if it's heads up or down.  It has also re-trained my lead foot to be a gentler driver.

#40 OFFLINE   Smiling Jack

Smiling Jack

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 366 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationHouston, Texas
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A w. sun roof

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

I always drove performance cars, ......

The entertainment value of this vehicle is completely opposite my previous vehicles.  Gone are the hot starts from a light to high way speeds which always put a smile on my face.  Instead I'm watching my scores on my dashboard ......

My friends and family are shocked that I went in this direction, but honestly, the transition was instantaneous and not at all inconvenient.  ......

Me too !!!!!

After a lifetime of driving big to huge American V-8 power, I finally decided that at near 70, I probably was not ever going to use all that power any more and I was starting to regard the fuel consumption as unnecessary and  wasteful.

Now my motoring pleasure derives mostly from efficiency.  In fact, for me, it is now practically all about efficiency.  The economy that comes with efficiency is also nice, but the politics, national energy independence, environmental benefits and CO2 reduction are secondary to me.

As a mechanical engineer, I have always been at least as interested in efficiency as I was in power.  I go so far to count efficiency as a virtue.  After all, if it's a sin to waste, then efficiency must be a virtue.

So, a few years ago the wife ant I test drove an Escape Hybrid.  I think it was a 2007.  We loved it, but did not buy it mostly because of the press on the rollover instability problems.  (I think they beat those problems with stability control in the 2008 model year.) 

Eventually we got a Toyota Camry Hybrid.  The TCH was a pretty great car which used less than half as much gas as any of my previous cars in most types of driving. And it never needed even one repair in 5 years.  I was, however, always disappointed with the lack of trunk space, the limited EV range, the limited EV max speed, and most importantly the poor fuel economy for short trips due to the enforced ICE warm up. 

I experimented with an aftermarket plug-in conversion unit.  With an added 4KWH of lithium, that solved the EV range limitation and was some help on the short trip fuel consumption.  In the end, the aftermarket conversion unit proved effective but unreliable.  It did, however, convince me that Plug-in was the way to go.

I discovered the C-max Energi at the Houston Auto Show where I had gone to see the Fusion Energi.  The C-max seemed to me to be a much more useful vehicle than the Fusion.  It had the same "Aston Martin" look in the front - and it was a whole lot cheaper.  I was pretty much sold. 

My move to the C-max Energi has effectively put me in the Escape I originally wanted and it has also brought me the Plug-in capability I came to crave.  The luggage space, EV range, short trip economy, and EV speed limitations are all solved.

We'll see if it proves to be as reliable as the Camry.  So far, so good, with no problems in the first 3 months - and I haven't used a half a tank of gas yet!

Edited by Smiling Jack, 09 July 2013 - 12:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·