Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

12V battery covered under CA warranty?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Telemachus

Telemachus

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationRiverside, CA
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Energi

Posted 14 April 2019 - 11:14 AM

Supposedly in California the C-Max is covered up to 10 years and a hundred thousand miles for parts related to the hybrid Drive.

Is work diagnosing problems with the 12-volt battery covered under that warranty? Mine is dead as a doornail, and while I don't mind paying for a new battery, I would like to diagnose why it died...  in case it does not just the fact that it is old

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,311 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:10 AM

Do you have another 12v battery is working condition laying around?  You can use it to test and see what goes on by putting it into the trunk and using cables to connect to the dead battery cables.  In fact remove the positive from the dead battery, connect the negatives together it won't matter and connect the positive only to your good battery (make sure you insulate the positive connection so it does not touch the body of the car).  You can do this without unscrewing the original battery from the trunk and just see how the car behaves.  Also make sure you test the battery voltage with the car off and also with it on and see what you get like I mentioned in the other thread.

-=>Raja.

#3 OFFLINE   Wojo

Wojo

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationVenedy, IL
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi SEL

Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:41 PM

If the battery that died was the original, then the battery was at least 6 years old. That’s a pretty good run for a 12 V lead acid battery. These days 12v batteries just seem to instantaneously drop dead. I had one die in the middle of mowing my grass. It started the engine fine about 1 hour before. Another time i started my car after work, drove 1 hour to a hospital to visit someone. The battery was completely dead when i came back out. As was stated earlier test your voltage after the car sat for a day or two with the charger disengaged and the car off. It should read at least 12.5 volts. With car on it should read 14.5 volts.

#4 OFFLINE   Telemachus

Telemachus

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationRiverside, CA
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Energi

Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:51 PM

I couldn't get to the battery to see the date code on it.

Dealerships motorcraft battery was only $129 and $30 to install it... when I looked at what was involved to get to the battery I figured $30 well spent.

Plus now if it dies again I have a paper trail.

So far so good.

#5 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,311 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 16 April 2019 - 06:11 AM

Well, let's see what happens.  You may still want to test the battery power with a voltmeter as if the numbers aren't right then you will destroy the new battery also.  Just saying...

-=>Raja.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·