Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members
- Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Odd motor noise at startup?
Posted 13 April 2019 - 08:45 AM
When I start the car, or sometimes when it goes into idle mode, it’ll make a noise that sounds like someone left a cellphone on vibrate in the engine compartment for a few seconds before stopping.
What is it doing? I have wondered since I got it.
Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.
Posted 13 April 2019 - 10:34 AM
That's the vacuump pump for the brakes. It runs intermittently as needed to maintain a vacuum in the system and in most cases will do so right at startup.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users