Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Finally got my new charging cable

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   komptonwhitey

komptonwhitey

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationSpokane, WA
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:Energi

Posted 12 April 2019 - 11:53 AM

You have to make sure to order the plug configuration that you have/plan to have. I ordered it with a NEMA 6-20 plug (a standard looking plug with one twisted spade so it can’t fit in a 120v outlet). Some people already have things like dryer outlets in their garages so they can be ordered with those as well. If you get the 6-20 plug they also sell or include a short adapter for using on 120v outlets, which is super convenient as you can just throw the whole unit in the trunk and, with the adapter, charge anywhere.

I bought my C max used and it did not come with the factory cord so that is my only charge cord. And unfortunately it sounds like since I don’t have the original Ford will not give me one of their new fancy pants convenience chargers. To me this is the most convenient, economical option there is if you don’t need a wall charger for any other reason.
  • scifi_geek likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 351 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationBoston
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Maxwell Smart

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:52 AM

Got my letter on Saturday; my wiring is OK, so I'm in no hurry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·