Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Got a rattle in the console/cupholder?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   GTIguy

GTIguy

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationDenver
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-MAX Energi Titanium, 2014 C-Max Hybrid (daughter's car)

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:57 AM

The space between the front seats seems to get plenty of comment hereabouts. Here's my own issue-- I'm getting an intermittent rattle from the console. It sounds like plastic on plastic, and it goes silent after I twist and wiggle the console top and cupholder insert. Maybe the problem really is that I CAN wiggle the assembly? On our 2014 Hybrid, which has never rattled, the cupholder is securely attached to the console cover, and that is very securely attached to the floor at the bottom. In my 2017 Energi, the three parts are much looser. How about yours?

The problem may be associated with the cold weather. I didn't notice it until a few months ago. I've actually tried sticking wood carpenters' shims up under the side of the console. That helps, but looks awful and doesn't completely silence things.

That's my only fit & finish complaint so far.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 359 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationBoston
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Maxwell Smart

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:17 AM

The insert between the cupholders is the only thing that comes loose on my 2013, but it generally sits quietly.

#3 OFFLINE   grege

grege

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationDC Metro Area
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Cmax Energi Titanium

Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:10 AM

2017 energi and 2018 hybrid - both purchased new and both have squeaks and rattles similar to old wooden sailing vessels. Like both a lot, but not impressed with ford's cosmetic build quality.  Have not noticed any console rattles yet.  

Greg

Edited by grege, 12 February 2019 - 03:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·