Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

I am REALLY getting mad at this C MAX (but it can happen with any car)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Tony_NC

Tony_NC

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationFuquay Varina NC
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C Max

Posted 08 January 2019 - 09:11 AM

Have any of you ever had the remote key fob open the hatch unintentionally?  Or find  all the windows down when you return to the car?

I am going to try and keep this short but the money I save in fuel is costing me in garage door repairs and probably body work too.

Today, its a really nice day in North Carolina.   I decided to do a little fishing in the pond behind the house.

The cars are in the garage, I close the garage as I leave with my two rods etc.

When I return, I stoop down to lay the rods down and I proceed to open the garage door with the remote door keypad.  It only goes up about a foot and stops.   I enter the code to the door so it would go back down, which it does and I enter the house from the front door to get access to the garage from the house.

Sure enough,  when I stooped down outside before opening the garage door, I squeezed the remote hatch button and it was open and stopped against the garage door.   

when I had opened the garage from the outside I of course couldnt see what was going to happen inside the garage.  As the rising garage door snagged the darn open hatch which then  twisted up the flimsy garage door and hardware.   It also bent a section of the C MAX hatch edge and fractured the paint in that area.

I have come back out in the past to have all the windows wide open and another time, around xmas, the hatch was up too.   A couple days ago I was working in the attic and all of a sudden the car alarm goes off as I am climbing a ladder.  Each time one of these disasters occur, its because something in my pocket presses the buttons just right as I am in some sort of motion/position that presses the buttons just right or should I say presses the buttons WRONG..

QUESTION.....

Am I the only one stuff like this happens to?

More important question....  CAN I deactivate the remote hatch and windows opening  using the Ford software via the obdII connector?

Thanks for sharing the info.   I regret not taking pics of the mess it caused.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   cr08

cr08

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 229 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ice Storm C-Max Energi

Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:01 PM

Honestly this is why I keep my keys on a carabiner and keep it on my belt loop vs in my pockets. While I haven't inadvertently rolled down the windows or opened the hatch, I have set off the panic alarm a number of times simply getting out of the car with the keys in my pocket.

#3 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan,GA
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX Hybrid

Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:16 PM

I have never had this happen either in over six years/215k miles and I keep my fob in my pocket along with my house and shop keys. Are there other things in your pocket besides fob?

Paul

#4 OFFLINE   fredf

fredf

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Locationdenver
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:20 PM

i have my fob in with one other thing but the pocket is a cargo pocket so it is not tight.  if I were you i would leave the key in the garage or get a sleeve for it.

such as this 

https://www.amazon.c...g/dp/B00Y3FLYWG

• Double layer construction prevents RF signals from entering or exiting.
  • New Version features Improved Hook and Loop Fastener as well as wear resistant sports nylon outer cover.
  • Surface clean only.
  • Faraday bag construction for one key fob or USB.
  • Made in the USA of US materials

16 bucks but you can probably find it for less.

But beware don't go for the install from Amazon

81i8E%2B5IHWL._SL1500_.jpg

• ptjones likes this

#5 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A W Panoramic Roof

Posted 09 January 2019 - 04:53 AM

I got a rubber cover for the keyfob after I came out at the end of a work day to find my car with all windows wide open in the middle of the parking lot.  So far it hasn't happened again since...

I agree, this car is just full of things not fully thought out.  The foot operated hatch which lately doesn't work at all, but will be happy to work when I DON'T want it to(like when there's a bike rack blocking it on the back).  Or the remote functionality which doesn't have a cover for the buttons or notification that it did it...

#6 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 09 January 2019 - 05:37 AM

It did not take too long after I bought my C-Max before I experienced trouble with key FOB causing unplanned window/rear hatch openings. The solution was a key FOB cover that has been very effective. Here is the amazon link to the one I use.

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tom

Edited by Tom_NC_1, 09 January 2019 - 05:37 AM.

#7 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 336 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationBoston
  • Current Vehicle:Maxwell Smart

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:16 AM

I park at work out of fob range because I've had the windows open in a rainstorm.  Never had the hatch pop, though.  I use a carabiner on a belt loop because I used to set off the alarm on an earlier car.

#8 OFFLINE   patbob

patbob

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationPNW
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:asdf

Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:18 PM

Never happened with the wife's C-Max, but I've had it happen with all my non C-Max cars.

On one, the trunk popped open just in time to catch the extreme downpour the day before I had to leave for a week on business. Since then, I've modified the fob for my car so the trunk button is harder to press and not had any problems since. I've thought of adding a switch to enable/disable the trunk button, but that won't work on my current car's fob.. maybe it can be done on a C-Max fob though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·