Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   moore887

moore887

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationFL
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 cmax SEL, 2010 VW GTI, 2015 KIA Sedona SXL

Posted 16 December 2018 - 03:30 PM

The Mitsubishi has caught my eye.  I was originally looking at the Chrysler Pacifica plug in but that space in our driveway has been taken by a 2015 Sedona SXL just this year.  Our 2013 Cmax has been with us for three years now the only thing I've had to spend money on apart from oil changes and tires has been a new 12v battery and a wallet (I mean transmission) flush.  The only problem I'm having now is a "drone" noise when the engine is running.  With 70K miles on the clock, I highly doubt the known TSB on this will be covered under warranty.  My fix is to turn up the radio.  The Outlander would have to be bought used (and they're few and far between on cars.com) because I wouldn't qualify for the tax credit.  I like the outlander because I have gotten caught out a few times with the small trunk on the energi.  I'm torn between thinking what I would get for the Ford and if I should just drive on until something expensive goes wrong.

What's the general opinion on the Outlander here?  It's a good looking SUV and the GT version is quite well equipped. 

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 937 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A W Panoramic Roof

Posted 17 December 2018 - 09:01 AM

I like the Outlander.  You'll gain AWD and lose some MPG.

And from what I've seen on cars.com I'd guess you'll get maybe $5K for your C-Max and spend at least $25K for the Outlander.

#3 OFFLINE   ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 208 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationEmmaus, PA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 20 December 2018 - 05:28 AM

Substantial MPG loss, but if you've mostly been staying within the AER of the C-Max you won't really notice. Mitsubishi appears to give you the whole tax credit and more when calculation a lease on the Outlander PHEV, so consider that path as well.

Edited by ShoulderThingThatGoesUP, 20 December 2018 - 05:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·