Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Hello from Bellevue, WA!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ShawnL

ShawnL

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationBellevue, WA
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:CMax Energi

Posted 28 November 2018 - 08:46 PM

Howdy all!  I found a gently used 2013 CMax Energi for my daughter (new driver).  Had 45,000 mi on it and picked it up for $12k.  All in all I'm happy I went with the cmax over an pseudo-equivalent Prius.  It was cheaper, quality seemed better, and the interior finishes were much nicer.  My biggest apprehension was that Ford is discontinuing the Cmax which had me thinking it may be very difficult to DIY a new battery if/when the time comes.  Can anyone here put my mind at ease?  Hoping to find some enthusiasts that have fully documented the parts/procedure....

Side Note: after owning the car for over a month now the only problem we've seen is that the blue ring's second quadrant does not light up while charging.  Would be nice to fix it, but we can live with it.  If anyone has any tips/pointers on parts please share.

Anyway, I'm glad I found this forum.  I look forward to reading through the forums.

-Shawn

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   olidx

olidx

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSan Jose, California
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 28 November 2018 - 09:17 PM

Welcome Shawn to the Forums and congrats on the C-Max!

There is an option to turn off the ring while charging - I assume you checked that and made sure the option is set that the ring is supposed to lit when charging... Otherwise it is certainly possible to have the ring repaired.

Edited by olidx, 28 November 2018 - 09:18 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,213 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 28 November 2018 - 11:41 PM

If the 2nd quadrant is not lighting its burned out.  Its not the turn off the light in the menu option, that turns off the whole thing all or nothing.

Some people have had them fixed at the dealer, I never tried to fix it so couldn't advise you how to yourself, sorry..

Welcome aboard and please read about how to preserve your HVB so it lasts you for many years to come :)

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 28 November 2018 - 11:42 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 328 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Maxwell Smart

Posted 29 November 2018 - 05:25 AM

Hah!  The second quadrant of my 2013 is also dead.  Not worth fixing, IMHO, since you can tell the charge progress from the others, and who watches the ring anyway?

As for DIY batteries, doing a cell-by-cell replacement from wrecks sounds like a good hobby if you like that sort of thing, and the new Fusion batteries have the same form factor but more capacity.

#5 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,213 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 29 November 2018 - 08:26 AM

If you take the time to replace the battery pack, then I would do the whole thing and start fresh.  Cell by cell replacement is not the best idea, because the other cells in there are almost as worn as the bad ones you're taking out.  Too much effort for too little gain.  Best to do it right once and just put the fusion pack in there if you can fit that, and then you can start fresh with a 40 mile range in the summer.  Remember that I got 37 miles with my battery as my max range, so if that battery is bigger capacity wise then 40 should be attainable.

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 29 November 2018 - 08:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·