Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Considering a 2013 C Max Energi

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bbuvid

bbuvid

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationManitowoc, WI
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Chevrolet Aveo

Posted 16 November 2018 - 05:31 AM

New member here.  I am considering purchasing a fully loaded 2013 C Max Energi with 68K miles.  The dealer let me take the car home for the night so I had the chance to fully charge and deplete the battery.  Unfortunately it only got 3.7kWh usable on a charge so there is a fair amount of battery degradation.  I'm still considering it anyways due to the low price of $8k.  Thoughts?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   cr08

cr08

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ice Storm C-Max Energi

Posted 16 November 2018 - 07:25 AM

8k sounds about average for that year and mileage. I have a fully loaded 2013 as well now with around 65k on the odo and last I checked KBB it ran somewhere in the $8-10k range. Sadly nobody but enthusiasts are going to care to track battery degradation so dealer sales are never going to have battery degradation factored into the price so something to keep in mind. Up to you how much the battery degradation is of a concern especially depending on what other options are available.

Just my 2c.

#3 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,213 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 16 November 2018 - 08:49 AM

If they have another Cmax maybe swap for another and see what that battery has.  Its possible to get a better battery depending on how the owner treated it.  I had 73+k miles on my first 2013 Cmax and the battery still had 5.4kwh output in June of 2017 4 years later.

-=>Raja.

#4 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 550 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationArcadia, CA
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Honda Clarity PHEV

Posted 16 November 2018 - 09:25 AM

My wife's battery degraded.  She didn't notice the difference to her wallet.  Nobody, I mean nobody, can beat Raja's battery care.  In fact, his ideas should be developed into a program for the C-MAX to be installed as one of the switchable modes:  EV Now, EV Later, and EV Raja.

It's still a great car, and maybe if you show the dealer sales person the decreased battery capacity they might consider knocking down the price some?

• dontfret likes this

#5 OFFLINE   fredf

fredf

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Locationdenver
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 16 November 2018 - 04:01 PM

I have a fully loaded 2013 with new tires and 72K miles in Denver Dealer is offering me 5K for trade in.  I would sell you mine for 6K if you want to take a trip to Denver and I would not pay more than 6K for it.

#6 OFFLINE   Billyk24

Billyk24

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationButler, Pa.
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Titanium, 2005 Ford Escape Hybrid 4wd

Posted 16 November 2018 - 05:42 PM

another possible option:  3rd party replacement battery pack such as from Greentec auto----greentecauto.com      I have not looked for other 3rd party vendors that swap battery packs. 

#7 OFFLINE   ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 189 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationEmmaus, PA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 19 November 2018 - 07:19 AM

another possible option:  3rd party replacement battery pack such as from Greentec auto----greentecauto.com      I have not looked for other 3rd party vendors that swap battery packs. 

Their website seems to say they don't have C-Max replacements: Link

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·