Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Lift Kit

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   CodeOfLife

CodeOfLife

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationGeorgia
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Decline

Posted 15 November 2018 - 07:31 AM

Was reading a Prius offroading story on Jalopnik and came across a company making lift kits for the Prius and also C-Max.

https://www.ebay.com...=c-max lift kit

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   jdbob

jdbob

Techo Geek

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 606 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationJohn Day, Oregon
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 15 November 2018 - 10:38 AM

Put that kit on and add some ugly plastic cladding then you can call it a CUV  :wink:

#3 OFFLINE   GTIguy

GTIguy

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationDenver
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-MAX Energi Titanium, 2014 C-Max Hybrid (daughter's car)

Posted 18 November 2018 - 09:51 AM

Seriously, if anyone goes first on this, I might be the second. I'm unsure about tossing this much money at Russia for an untested product, but an additional inch of clearance would make for a more useful, durable car. Like my old New Beetle TDI, which had a one-inch lift, or the Golf TDI before that, which I jacked up by two inches.  

#4 OFFLINE   CodeOfLife

CodeOfLife

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationGeorgia
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Decline

Posted 18 November 2018 - 11:26 PM

I totally want to do this but unsure how a lift would affect the life expectqnce of other suspension components.

Unfortunately most of my research turns up bigger lifts done on trucks and stuff where they add several inches and that seems to be a negative in longetivity.

To;dr What are your thoughts on a 1 inch lift? I couldn’t find any relatable material on how this affects other parts of the car.

Also this was the jalopnik article: https://jalopnik.com...-1825777000/amp

#5 OFFLINE   jdbob

jdbob

Techo Geek

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 606 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationJohn Day, Oregon
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 19 November 2018 - 11:46 AM

Just watched the newly posted Alex on Autos quick review of the Subaru Crosstrek PHEV. Reminded me of the C-Max, they even included the big battery bump in the cargo area  :wink:

It uses the same planetary gear ECVT setup as the Energis. Has a 8.8kWh battery but due to the mechanical AWD setup and higher ground clearance (8+ inches) it only gets 35MPG in hybrid mode and has 17 miles of EV only range. It sounds like it won't actually ask you whether you want to start the engine when you punch it in EV mode it just goes ahead and does it. EV only mode also only works up to 65MPH. Uses one of Subaru's boxer 4 cylinder engines (but changed to Atkinson cycle) and some ECVT parts they found form Toyota (although Toyota didn't build it).

#6 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 937 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A W Panoramic Roof

Posted 20 November 2018 - 07:13 AM

I just read this one:

https://www.automobi...id-first-drive/

That trunk bump doesn't look near as bad as the C-max's.  It's lower and flat.  But I suppose it will depend on just what you're trying to put back there, maybe the hatch comes closer.

Also, as far as everything I've read it IS Toyota's hybrid stuff in there just made to work with Subaru's Boxer.  And yes, Ford uses the same type of setup.  Pretty sure Toyota came up with it first and was using it in the Prius back in 1997.

Also of note is that it sounds highly likely that Toyota is finally bringing the AWD option to the Prius in the US this year.

• cr08 likes this

#7 OFFLINE   GTIguy

GTIguy

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationDenver
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-MAX Energi Titanium, 2014 C-Max Hybrid (daughter's car)

Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:14 AM

I totally want to do this but unsure how a lift would affect the life expectqnce of other suspension components.

Unfortunately most of my research turns up bigger lifts done on trucks and stuff where they add several inches and that seems to be a negative in longetivity.

To;dr What are your thoughts on a 1 inch lift? I couldn’t find any relatable material on how this affects other parts of the car.

Also this was the jalopnik article: https://jalopnik.com...-1825777000/amp

My wife and drove out Golf TDI for at least three years after lifting it two inches with similar spacers. We saw no extra wear, and no handling or tracking problems. Just a greater sense of confidence. These cars were too low from the factory, as evidenced by the large proportion you'd see on the road with torn and sagging plastic under-engine shrouds. We lifted the car not out of Jeep envy, but for protection. It was right after my wife ran over a 4x4 timber dropped on the highway, which punctured the oil pan and necessitated a tow. I know it helped with the resale value. The new owner was delighted to have a 40+ MPG car that he could drive on dirt roads down in Telluride.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·