Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

How many Miles did Your Get From Your Michelin Energy Saver Tires

michelin

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan,GA
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX Hybrid

Posted 04 November 2018 - 02:16 PM

How many miles did you get from your Michelin Energy Savers tires and What tire pressure did you use?  I have gone through 3 sets with total mileage of 213k miles.  Michelin Energy Savers AS are warrantied for 55k miles and at 50 psi I got 64.5k and 64k miles out of my first two sets which weren't worn down to the 2/32", I replaced them because I was going on long trips in snowy conditions and wanted max tread.  My third set I replaced the fronts at 78k because of puncture in sidewall. They could gone probably 3k more miles anyways. The rears I moved to the front and they currently have 85k miles and looks like they will make 90k mile unless I have to go on trip in snowy conditions. smile.png 

Paul

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   altabrig

altabrig

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSouthern California
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Cmax energi Oxford White 2011 Subaru Outback 3.6R

Posted 15 November 2018 - 07:21 PM

MIne have 55k now and they are ready to be replaced.  Unfortunately, Costco is out of stock of those now.  They have worked well, and after your testimony I want to stick with the Energy Savers.   I could get a bit more out of two, but the others are pretty slick (and old).   So while Costco's got the $130 off tire and install total for the next 10 days starting tomorrow - hoping I can find a set of the Energy Savers.

• ptjones likes this

#3 OFFLINE   altabrig

altabrig

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 521 posts
  • LocationSouthern California
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Cmax energi Oxford White 2011 Subaru Outback 3.6R

Posted 15 November 2018 - 07:23 PM

I've kept mine at 50psi too.

• ptjones likes this

#4 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 547 posts
  • LocationArcadia, CA
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Honda Clarity PHEV

Posted 15 November 2018 - 09:25 PM

Try America’s Tire. Got around 57k miles at the recommended 38 PSI. Just as I was preparing to buy replacement tires my wife traded it in....

#5 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,191 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 16 November 2018 - 08:45 AM

Damn Jesse, your wire pulled the rug right from under you when it came to the Cmax, you really liked that car, I can tell!

-=>Raja.

#6 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 547 posts
  • LocationArcadia, CA
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Honda Clarity PHEV

Posted 16 November 2018 - 09:19 AM

Damn Jesse, your wire pulled the rug right from under you when it came to the Cmax, you really liked that car, I can tell!

-=>Raja.

Raja,  good to hear from you!  I'm sorry I did not greet you a "Happy Birthday", but Happy Birthday!  FB used to send me text message notices about Bdays and gave me a way to send a greeting at the touch of a button, but seemed to discontinue that.  I don't use it much so I just try to be fair since I can't easily wish happy b-day anymore!

There was a sound that developed, and I was at first nervous it was the transmission.  Wasn't quite sure how Ford would deal with it, since we had an extremely difficult time getting them to fix the My Ford Mobile module.  But, after a while, no serious effect happened, and I started suspecting tire noise.  Anyways, I told her that it was like a heart murmur, something she'd understand.  It's a concern when you hear it at first, but as time goes on you kind of just live with it.  She just listened to my first concern and went with that.....

I can say that even though we complain on here how the My Ford Mobile doesn't quite live up to it's feature set, living with the '18 Clarity PHEV's connectivity is like going back 5 to 10 years technology wise.  Also quite difficult to adjust navigation voice direction output volume I found recently.  Driver controls had more thought put into them by Ford.....

#7 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,191 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 16 November 2018 - 09:45 AM

Thank you for the B-day wish!  Yes the sound was from the tires, I had that on mine, it was like a woo woo woo and faster with speed.  For some reason the Energy savers did that.  Luckily the new ones have not developed this noise as of yet, I hope they won't.

We have the Mini for Karen, and its the same issue, the app is terrible compared to MFM.  Only shows 1 trip, numbers sometimes do not match the car numbers, you don't have nearly as much information either, and the car does not perform nearly as well in EV or ICE mode MPG wise, but its 4 wheel drive so it goes very well in the snow, tested that last night it has great pickup on packed powder :)

-=>Raja.

#8 OFFLINE   GTIguy

GTIguy

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationDenver
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-MAX Energi Titanium, 2014 C-Max Hybrid (daughter's car)

Posted 18 November 2018 - 12:11 PM

I'd love to hear more about the plug-in Mini! If you imagine a world where the C-Max isn't a superior option, that would be the first thing I looked at. But we also live in a world where an off-brand BMW is much less reliable than an oddball Ford, so I hear. I haven't sat in one of these maxi-Minis, either. How's the space, and the driver environment?

#9 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,191 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 18 November 2018 - 02:37 PM

The space inside the Mini is very good, its about the same as the Cmax, quite roomy inside, but in reality its not a mini any more, I call it a Maxi.  Its the same size as the Cmax just about, maybe slightly larger in fact.

Battery wise the most I could do was 24 miles, but in the winter its down in the teens.  Cmax battery is the same size but 50% more efficient, I can do 36 miles the most I did was 37, and even in the winter its still well into the 20's.

MPG wise the Mini is in the low 30's in hybrid mode, worse during stop and go conditions,  On the highway you can get close to 37.  The Cmax is in the 50's in hybrid mode in the city, a little less on the highway but still more than the mini.

The Mini phone app is not as versatile as Myfordmobile, you get alot more info in MFM.  Still works OK but not all features are activated.  Its like they took the BMW app and renamed it for the Mini, but some options don't exist or don't work.

The Mini is front wheel drive on gas, rear wheel drive on battery.  There are some losses with this, the car seems to hold back and not roll as free even in "free wheel" mode.  Probably some of this causes the less efficient performance even though both cars have the same size battery.

The Mini only lets you use at most 5kwh out of the battery, maybe.  Generally 4.9 is the max average.  Ford gives you 5.5kwh to use, maybe 5.6,  You can't net much more than 5 miles tops with the mini per kwh, with the Cmax you can easily net over 6 miles per kwh.  Talking summer weather here.  On average I can expect about 22 miles range if I drive normally, and 24 like I said if I milk it.  22 miles is like 4.5 miles per kwh.

What else, ask some questions will be glad to answer :)  We're going out with the Mini tonight, its fully charged and I need to use the battery.  Its cold we won't be using any heat to waste the battery on, so we'll see how far it goes but I'm thinking its going to be in the 3's miles per kwh.

The Cmax, even with a 20% degraded battery, will have better range than a Mini with a brand new battery.  

The Mini does not have many regen options.  It has "mid mode" which is like 1/2 the recharge rate of L in the Cmax.  Then it has "free wheel" mode which I'm not sure if it charges or not but does not roll as easily as in Neutral.  That's the 2 options.  The Cmax has D which is low regen, hill descent which is variable regen, and L which is high regen (maybe 90% of max).  Both cars have braking regen that you can vary with your foot.

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 18 November 2018 - 02:44 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: michelin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·