Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

How does 12V battery get charged?

charging 12v battery

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Telemachus

Telemachus

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationRiverside, CA
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Energi

Posted 13 April 2019 - 08:32 PM

Just started getting some battery issues today on my 2013 energi. First this morning the car went into "sleep mode". My son did some Googling and figured out where to put the key and how to get it out of sleep mode.

Charged it this afternoon, and tonight after dinner, it gave me a check engine light with a little wrench. Similar to the picture above.

Then the oddest thing, the car began to accelerate on its own even without my foot on the pedal. I would push the gas, and it wouldn't move any faster... just moderate acceleration. Luckily the brake worked.

I pulled over and shut it down. Sat for a while and started it back up. My Ford Mobile app warned that the 12V battery is low.

I'm hoping it's just and old, dead battery and not a problem with the new modem Inkust got replaced.

The acceleration thing was just weird though.  I guess all kinds of things can go haywire when the 12V goes out.

I stopped in Autozone and the battery tests at 8.8V...  obviously bad.

It's a Ford Motorcraft battery but I cannot see the date code.   I'll try to figure out how to replace the thing on Monday

Edited by Telemachus, 13 April 2019 - 10:22 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·