Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

2013 67K miles original battery

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   fredf

fredf

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Locationdenver
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 13 September 2018 - 04:26 AM

I don't want to Jinx myself but I know a lot of people have issues with their 12V batteries.  My CMAX has 67,000 miles about 1/2 EV due to a lot of highway driving I have had zero issues with the 12V battery, I have never done anything other than check on  it 2-3 times a year.

I think the fact that I have about a 50/50 mix of EV and IC  is what has helped the most and the car is garaged at night

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A W Panoramic Roof

Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:44 AM

There shouldn't be any difference to your 12V battery charging as to whether you are in EV mode or having the ICE started...  The 12V battery charging doesn't care, it all comes from the big battery any time the car is "ON", or from the EVSE when charging and some times before/after that.

#3 OFFLINE   dontfret

dontfret

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 435 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 13 September 2018 - 09:16 AM

WARNING!!  Your 12V battery is the size of a motorcycle battery and has a 36 month warranty. When it goes the car will appear totally dead - you can''t charge the EV battery (since it requires the 12V to fire the relay on the car inverter that begins charging), open the doors with the electric lock or remote, or start the car.  You can jump it like a 'normal' car using the + and - electrodes in the front engine compartment, but if the car is locked you'll need to use your mechanical key that's inside the fob to open the door and hood.  So if that's truly the orginal 12V battery, congratulations on your longevity, and get thee to a replacement.

#4 OFFLINE   GS Dave

GS Dave

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 183 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationJupiter, FL
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted Yesterday, 09:03 AM

MIne lasted about 4.5 years and 80K+ miles...but was a biotch when it died.  Replace before you need to.

#5 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 533 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationArcadia, CA
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Honda Clarity PHEV

Posted Today, 08:52 PM

If you check on it 2-3 times a year you’re doing a lot better than I did.

That’s all you need to do in my opinion. We got a no start issue when ours died. Wasn’t as severe as others I guess...

Edited by jzchen, Today, 08:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·