Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

More frequent software lockups

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JnTX

JnTX

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi

Posted 31 August 2018 - 03:13 PM

My 2013 didn't have any software lockups during the first two years that I can remember.  After that I got about one audio lockup a year that required pulling fuse 79 to reset.  This year I have had two lockups.  The first one seemed to disable more audio functions than usual so I disconnected the battery to do a total reset.  The most recent lockup required pulling fuse 67 to get things going again.  That fuse supplies several modules so I can't tell exactly what went crazy.  After the reset, I got a screen saying something like "Performing scheduled SYNC maintenance." that took several minutes to clear. 

Are others getting more frequent lockups?

I'm planning to install a battery disconnect switch to make it easy to do a system reset.  This is the switch I plan to install behind the battery access door:

https://www.ebay.com...ff/292181474050

If there is any interest form others in the switch, I'll post some pictures of the installation.

Jay

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 322 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationBoston
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Maxwell Smart

Posted 04 September 2018 - 05:06 AM

I bought my 2013 used two years ago.  The first lockup was last summer, the next was midwinter, then one in July and another a week or so ago.  Yes, they're accelerating, and the latest one had different symptoms (BT audio played, but touch sounds and volume control didn't work).  Pulling fuse 79 fixed all instances.  Nicely enough, that fuse is a different color than its neighbors, and I've left off the pasteboard cover, so it's getting easier each time to fiddle that damned fuse.

What I'd really like is a pushbutton on the fuse to momentarily disconnect it.  All I can find are resettable circuit breakers....

Edited by stolenmoment, 04 September 2018 - 05:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·