Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Engine DTC U3012 for 2017 Energi

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Billyk24

Billyk24

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationButler, Pa.
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Titanium, 2005 Ford Escape Hybrid 4wd

Posted 26 August 2018 - 05:02 AM

This just occurred on my vehicle that continues to run without issue--except for the scanguages that need to be replugged in after each start.   If I am correct, the lettering/numbers mean:  U=network code-climate control system, lighting, airbag, etc

3=Generic

0=transmission

1=IC circuit high voltage

2=kick-down switch failed short

How to diagnosis this symbol better?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   plus 3 golfer

plus 3 golfer

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Hybrid SEL

Posted 26 August 2018 - 09:03 AM

Apparently, the BECM is having trouble waking up because within the execution time of less than 1 second something is amiss.  What "except for the scanguages that need to be replugged in after each start" are you referring to?  Might be a voltage issue caused by "whatever scanguages" you are plugging in. Do you get the DTC if you leave the scanguages unplugged?  Is you 12 V battery good?

Battery Energy Control Module (BECM)

U3012 - Control Module Improper Wake-up Performance

Power Sustain Relay Voltage <= 5.225 V or Contactor Open Request Not Received.
Contactors are latched open due to LOW PSR (assume means Power Sustain Relay voltage low) but HPCM (Hybrid Power Control Modules aka the SOBDMC / TCM) still requests contactors closed.

#3 OFFLINE   jdbob

jdbob

Techo Geek

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationJohn Day, Oregon
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 26 August 2018 - 09:43 AM

Didn't see any definition of "PSR" in the OBDSMxxxx_HEV.pdf documents but did find this in section 414_05 of the service manual:

"The Direct Current/Direct Current (DC/DC) converter control module communicates on the HS-CAN with or without the high voltage contactors closed. If the contactors are not closed, a Power Switched Relay (PSR) circuit from the SOBDMC relay powers the module processor. The Power Switched Relay (PSR) circuit passes through the BECM prior to going to the Direct Current/Direct Current (DC/DC) converter control module. If the Power Switched Relay (PSR) circuit fails the Direct Current/Direct Current (DC/DC) converter control module still charges if high-voltage is present; however there is a 1 second delay."

Although that certainly doesn't make it any clearer for me  :wink:

#4 OFFLINE   Billyk24

Billyk24

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationButler, Pa.

Posted 26 August 2018 - 09:43 AM

Nothing is functioning wrong on the vehicle from what I can tell.   The scanguages do not lightup or display any numbers.  I have to unplug and replug the scanguage to make the display work. 

#5 OFFLINE   plus 3 golfer

plus 3 golfer

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Hybrid SEL

Posted 26 August 2018 - 11:17 AM

Nothing is functioning wrong on the vehicle from what I can tell.   The scanguages do not lightup or display any numbers.  I have to unplug and replug the scanguage to make the display work. 

After 1 second, the 12 V system (including underlying voltage supplies) will be supplied from the DC-DC converter and operating voltages will be maintained (despite U3012 being triggered).  So, one would then expect everything to work now but it could be an indication of failures later. 

Since you can duplicate the DTC and are likely still under warranty, I'd visit the dealer to at minimum get it on record.

Do you have Scangauges plugged into both OBDII connectors? And again, do you get the DTC with the scangauges unplugged upon startup? Unplug them, then start the car and plug in just one to see if the DTC returns. Are the guages plugged in all the time? If so, unplug them on shutdown. 

Edited by plus 3 golfer, 26 August 2018 - 11:32 AM.

#6 OFFLINE   Billyk24

Billyk24

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationButler, Pa.

Posted 26 August 2018 - 12:02 PM

Started the vehicle up without the scanguage installed and no codes.  Shut off the vehicle.  Restarted the vehicle with the scanguage installed, no code.  This has happened in the past week only to reoccur after driving 45 minutes or so.  Will monitor this week for future changes. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·