Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

FINALLY! Ford Recall 18S24, CONVENIENCE CHARGE CORD REPLACEMENT

evse charge cord charger

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Nevember

Nevember

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationTampa, FL
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 22 August 2018 - 01:15 PM

Rather exciting news (to me) it seems that Ford is recognizing the defective Home Charging units (Ford EVSE). Seems this recall notice just came out 2 days ago, but it's only in a "recognized" status with no remedy yet. I've always been worried of this EVSE burning my house down, as it has melted 3 outlets and it is frequently at half-molten hot. Here is what is posted on the Ford site:

• Recall Date: AUG 20, 2018
  • Recall Title: CONVENIENCE CHARGE CORD REPLACEMENT
  • NHTSA Recall Number: AWAITING#
  • Ford Recall Number: 18S24
  • Recall Description: FORD IDENTIFIED AN ELEVATED RATE OF ALLEGATIONS OF MELTING AND FIRE INVOLVING THE 120V CONVENIENCE CHARGE CORD THAT DID NOT INCLUDE A THERMISTOR.
  • Risk to Safety: AN ELECTRICAL INTERFACE WITH INCREASED CONTACT RESISTANCE BETWEEN THE SUBJECT 120V CONVENIENCE CHARGE CORD PLUG AND WALL OUTLET CAN RESULT IN INCREASED TEMPERATURE AND POTENTIALLY LEAD TO A FIRE.
  • Remedy Program: OWNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY MAIL AND (1) REMINDED OF THE REQUIREMENTS FOR ADEQUATE WALL OUTLETS AND THAT EXTENSION CORDS SHOULD NOT BE USED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE AND (2) INSTRUCTED TO TAKE THEIR VEHICLE TO A FORD DEALER TO HAVE THE FACTORY EQUIPPED 120V CONVENIENCE CHARGE CORD REPLACED WITH THE LATEST VERSION OF THE 120V CONVENIENCE CHARGE COD THAT INCLUDES A THERMISTOR. THERE WILL BE NO CHARGE FOR THIS SERVICE.
  • Manufacturer Notes: TO CHECK FOR NON-SAFETY-RELATED PROGRAMS APPLICABLE TO YOUR VEHICLE, SEE HTTP://WWW.FORD.COM/OR CALL YOUR FORD DEALER.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   ArizonaEnergi

ArizonaEnergi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationArizona
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi 302A

Posted 22 August 2018 - 02:35 PM

Already have a thread going on this: http://fordcmaxenerg...harging-cables/