Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Map upgrades

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   GlennR

GlennR

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationBrampton
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi 2016

Posted 31 July 2018 - 02:37 PM

So, for my 2016, the Ford site tells me to contact my dealer for upgraded maps. Has anyone actually done an upgrade and what kind of cost is it? It's weird to pay more for upgrading maps in my Ford than for buying a Garmin GPS with lifetime free updates.

What can I expect? Are the "new" maps truly current? The maps in my car are grossly out of date for this area of the country.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   spirilis

spirilis

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 136 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationMaryland
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-Max Energi SE Kona Blue

Posted 31 July 2018 - 06:10 PM

Watching this one. Both my Focus Electric and C-Max Energi 2017's have craptastic maps.

#3 OFFLINE   komondor

komondor

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 481 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Locationdenver
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 31 July 2018 - 06:50 PM

Maps are usually at least one year old, I don't even bother and just purchased a stalk with a  suction cup to go over the right side of the display it put my phone just to the right of the steering wheel.

#4 OFFLINE   cr08

cr08

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 209 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ice Storm C-Max Energi

Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:05 PM

Sync 3 has a nav update as of May this year. Have to order through a dealer and runs about $150 + tax.

Sync 2 is regularly updated about once a year. Just an SD card swap and doesn't need ordered through a dealer. In general if you wait about 6 months after new updates come out, you can find them on Amazon or eBay for around $50 versus the direct pricing of around $150 here as well.

As komondor mentioned, generally when updated maps are released, the data is about a year old. Just the nature of these things.

If you are curious how old your current map pack is, read off the code on the SD card. A8 is the latest version for US/Canada and came out this spring and you can get an idea going backwards. A7 would have been 2017, A6 = 2016, and so on.

I'm an oddball in that I personally like using the built in nav especially on longer trips and not tying up my phone. I certainly don't go out of my way to spend tons of money to update it the moment a new version comes out but usually wait the aforementioned time for the prices to come down.

There's also apparently ways for Sync 2 nav, that I won't go into detail here for obvious reasons, that you can 'acquire' the map updates unofficially.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·