Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

performance wheels and tires for my Cmax!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 533 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationArcadia, CA
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Honda Clarity PHEV

Posted 15 September 2018 - 04:58 AM

40 PSI for those 18" tires sounds good to me.  They have slightly less load rating as compared to the 225/50R17s, 93 vs 94.  We got nice even wear with the recommended 38 PSI.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   spirilis

spirilis

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 136 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationMaryland
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-Max Energi SE Kona Blue

Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:10 AM

I took a risk with BFGoodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S on my Focus Electric last week.  The tires are fantastic, sticky as all heck, handle like a dream, but I've probably lost at least 5% range with them.  I'm comfortable enough with that though.  Not too many long drives anymore like last year... and DCFC stations are getting more common.

I changed the stockers at 32K when they were becoming truly hideously noisy and uncomfortable (cupping I guess), the C-Max Energi sits around 21K miles right now so the next ~10K miles on both vehicles will be an important eval time... see how the Focus Electric weathers them and see how the C-Max's stock tires fare at 32K.  The Focus Electric and C-Max Energi use the exact same wheels and stock tires FYI.

The new BFG tires are quiet at low speeds, but around 60 mph I start to notice a low-frequency rumble that rises above the noise floor in my Focus Electric.  Might not be too bad on the C-Max with its noise cancelling and if the engine is running, I'm assuming these tires' noise parameters were engineered with gasoline engines (and sportier ones at that) in mind.

Edited by spirilis, 15 September 2018 - 11:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·