Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Outside temp display

5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cfrkeepr

cfrkeepr

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Locationwilmington,nc
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2013 cmax energi, 2014 cmax energi

Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:56 AM

Is there a way to get a 2013 to display the outside air temp on the main display like the 2014?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   jdbob

jdbob

Techo Geek

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationJohn Day, Oregon
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:18 PM

Go to settings on the touchscreen and select clock (strangely enough). There is an option there to turn on and off outside temperature display.

• cr08 likes this

#3 OFFLINE   cfrkeepr

cfrkeepr

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationwilmington,nc

Posted 02 November 2018 - 05:21 AM

I looked, could not find a toggle for temp, just time/date. Funny when I selected date, it was off by one but I could not find a way to change the setting like the clock. I get the temp in the small dash indicator, but it is hard to see with poor light quality and reflective glare oh yes and old eyes. Maybe my '13" is older than yours. Thanks for your reply.

#4 ONLINE   cr08

cr08

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 209 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ice Storm C-Max Energi

Posted 02 November 2018 - 05:47 AM

I'll try and get a pic here in about two hours of the clock settings screen and that option. Only other thought I can think of is an outdated Sync system. Do you have the 'leaf' icon on the bottom middle of the screen that takes you to the energy flow and charge displays?

#5 ONLINE   cr08

cr08

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 209 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ice Storm C-Max Energi

Posted 02 November 2018 - 04:44 PM

Sorry for the delayed reply. Here's the Clock section of the settings screen with the Outside Temp option.

Attached File  20181102_203441.jpg   90.76KB   0 downloads

I've also circled the leaf icon that you should see as well. If this option is not available to you, it is a telltale sign that your Sync is out of date and could explain the lack of outside temp display. IF this is the case, it will need the dealer to do the update as there is a critical piece of the puzzle they need to update that cannot be done via just USB. Doing this should also get you up to 3.8 or 3.10 which is rock solid.

(I also apologize for the blown out picture. Was in a dark car/garage and forget to turn on the overhead lights. The key bits are identified but I can get a better picture if needed.)

Edited by cr08, 02 November 2018 - 04:51 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   cfrkeepr

cfrkeepr

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationwilmington,nc

Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:24 PM

Well, I can't tell from the photo because I am unable to see the text. I have the window displayed but the is no text offering the temp display only Date, except either Fahrenheit  or Celsius. Not sure about the update part. I may need that in that my car will not update from myford mobile app.  

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·