Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

chipping-wheels

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   grege

grege

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationDC Metro Area
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Cmax Energi Titanium

Posted 04 July 2018 - 03:19 AM

2017 titaniuim - have one large chunk of a chip from one of the premium wheels (as if it's delaminating).  It should be covered under warranty. Has anyone else noticed wheels chipping out (not from damage) and if so, was yours covered under warranty???

Thanks!

Greg

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

Energi Member

• 1,243 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationSouth Texas
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:29 AM

That style of wheel design is very similar to my wife's Outback and I've seen some of those owners reporting clear coat failures.  Proving it's a defect and not wear&tear or damage caused by owner (curb rash for example) can be difficult.  

GOOD LUCK!

#3 OFFLINE   grege

grege

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationDC Metro Area
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Cmax Energi Titanium

Posted 06 July 2018 - 02:30 AM

That style of wheel design is very similar to my wife's Outback and I've seen some of those owners reporting clear coat failures.  Proving it's a defect and not wear&tear or damage caused by owner (curb rash for example) can be difficult.  

GOOD LUCK!

LOL.

I know.  If the chipping areas were on the face of the rim, I'd agree that's it's likely curb rash.  When it's internal areas that are "popping" out and there are no obvious abrasions, it's somehow delaminating.  Minor overall, but I'll keep an eye on it and bark if it worsens.

Greg 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·