Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Smog failure on a 2013

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   maryinredding

maryinredding

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationRedding
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:10 PM

I belong to a facebook page that deals with the cmax energi. 

This is a quote from the guy that posted tonight. I haven't had to smog my 2013 yet so it's a heads up for anyone that is like me.

"Just had an issue smogging my 2013 c-max energi. Failed in California for emissions system readiness. I started monitoring the system with an odb2 reader, and noticed it resets all the monitors over and over. Soon as they are complete it resets again and I have to start over. I looked it up and the only thing I noticed was a recall that seemed like it could be it. Emissions recall 15e07. Powertrain control module programming. Has anyone else had a problem like this? I was on the middle of selling mine and this happened while trying to smog it for them."

Does anyone have any more information about this? Should we be contacting Ford about this problem? I cannot imagine a 5 year old car failing a smog test. I do not plan on selling my car any time soon but I'll not spend thousands of dollars trying to get this car smogged here in California.......

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 521 posts
  • LocationArcadia, CA
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Honda Clarity PHEV

Posted 30 June 2018 - 01:06 AM

Smog checks are required at 6 years, so if the owner was an early adopter who purchased in 2012 then this would be the 6th year.  Recall = covered by Ford no?

Thanks for sharing this story, hopefully will be fixed without much more than a smog test fee....

#3 OFFLINE   jdbob

jdbob

Techo Geek

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationJohn Day, Oregon
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 30 June 2018 - 01:39 PM

Sounds like 15E07 is a followup to 15E03 where it says:

"In some of the affected vehicles, the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) may have been reprogrammed with a service calibration which may unintentionally cause clearing of emission-related data under certain conditions. When this occurs, the vehicle may not pass certain state-required emission/OBD readiness testing."

Effects Job#1 through October 15, 2013, so basically the entire 2013 model year.

#4 OFFLINE   MaxLB

MaxLB

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max NRG

Posted 01 July 2018 - 09:02 AM

California vehicles have very substantial emissions warranty coverage, as long as 15 years or 150,000 miles in some cases.  Have you checked your warranty book?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·