Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

The no-service service visit

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   GlennR

GlennR

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationBrampton
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi 2016

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:25 AM

I had one of those visits where they couldn't find the problem so they just reset the code. In this case, it's not too serious, I had my tire pressure sensing system reporting a fault. They couldn't find any reason for it so they just said to keep an eye on it and bring it back if it came on again. 

That never really gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling but at least it's in a system that isn't critical to the car's performance or safety. It does reinforce my thoughts about replacing my CMAX once the warranty is up at three years especially with Ford getting out of the sedan and hatchback businesses. 

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A W Panoramic Roof

Posted 30 May 2018 - 05:04 AM

I have mixed feelings on this....

On the one hand, I work in IT and I can fully understand the "I can't really tell you what the problem is" answer.(though I can generally follow that with "but I've got it working".  The trouble is the amount of complexity in things and the lack of complete understanding even from the people who built the stuff.

But from the dealer side, it seems there is an abundance of more like "Dunno what the problem is, or there is no problem at all, why don't you go ask someone else?" When theoretically you're taking it to an authorized representative of the company who made the vehicle and should know what's going on and how to fix it.

So, it seems going to the dealer is generally more like "Give us your money and we'll have this low paid tech who took a class on the basics of your car take a look and if he doesn't know what the problem is then sorry but we still get your money."

I definitely miss the Toyota reliability in my C-Max which is similar to yours.  The major systems seem to be working pretty well, but the electronic stuff is just not up to par.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·