Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Rotten Egg Smell C-Max Energi 2013

rotten eggs

Best Answer menan3 , 27 May 2018 - 06:20 AM

FOLLOW UP: The problem was my 12v battery died and had started leaking, which my dealer said is pretty common. He also said the 12v batt is affected my the charging, which I was surprised to hear - I thought they were completely separate from the lithium batts. The result was a completely dead car that we had to get towed into service (yeah AAA!). For the tow, we found a video on YouTube that showed us how to pop the cover off the gear shift so we could get it in neutral (dead batts mean no way to get car out of gear).

12v batts are under a bunch of panels behind the back seat so the labor is CRAZY HIGH! The good part: Peace of mind knowing the whole car wasn't going to explode , learning some tips and tricks about the key fob and getting it out of gear, the AAA discount for the work, and the new battery is an 8 yr batt with full guaranteed replacement the first 3 yrs and pro-rating after that (must keep old batt and return to Ford). Since my car is 5 yrs old I figured that is a better thing than what failed this time.
(Which was the factory-installed one from purchase date).

Hope this helps others! Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   menan3

menan3

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationCA
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 24 May 2018 - 07:03 AM

Yesterday my garage smelled like rotten eggs when I went out to leave for work.  Today, it was so strong that it permeated into the house!  Has anyone had this problem and gotten definitive diagnosis of the problem?  I'm concerned.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,186 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 24 May 2018 - 07:12 AM

Sounds like you'll be one of the lucky ones with a free battery pack replacement  :thumbsup:

Don't charge it any more, take to dealer for replacement.  Ask to see if you can get the new extra density pack that they have for the Fusions now.

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 24 May 2018 - 07:14 AM.

#3 OFFLINE   menan3

menan3

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationCA
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 27 May 2018 - 06:20 AM   Best Answer

FOLLOW UP: The problem was my 12v battery died and had started leaking, which my dealer said is pretty common. He also said the 12v batt is affected my the charging, which I was surprised to hear - I thought they were completely separate from the lithium batts. The result was a completely dead car that we had to get towed into service (yeah AAA!). For the tow, we found a video on YouTube that showed us how to pop the cover off the gear shift so we could get it in neutral (dead batts mean no way to get car out of gear).

12v batts are under a bunch of panels behind the back seat so the labor is CRAZY HIGH! The good part: Peace of mind knowing the whole car wasn't going to explode , learning some tips and tricks about the key fob and getting it out of gear, the AAA discount for the work, and the new battery is an 8 yr batt with full guaranteed replacement the first 3 yrs and pro-rating after that (must keep old batt and return to Ford). Since my car is 5 yrs old I figured that is a better thing than what failed this time.
(Which was the factory-installed one from purchase date).

Hope this helps others!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·