Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Need help with P24BE - EVAP System Leak code

dtcevap p24be leak

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   C-Maxine

C-Maxine

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationRochester, MN
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Hybrid SEL

Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:18 AM

Hi all,

I've been lurking here and the hybrid forums for awhile now doing research before buying my first C-Max. I finally did it! Bought a 2014 Hybrid SEL two weeks ago with 121k miles on it for $7.6k. It's currently displaying the P24BE code. The dealer I bought it from didn't have enough time to diagnose the issue (I arrived within a hour after they received it from auction) so they agreed to take $400 off the price because of that. The description for this DTC code is "EVAP System Leak Detection Pump Vacuum Switching Valve Control Circuit Low." They had never seen this exact code before in the previous C-Max's they sold. It's a hard code that can't be cleared.

I am having a lot of trouble finding any kind of information online about what this code could mean for the C-Max. I searched high and low on these forums too. I appear to be the first one asking about this specific code. Can anyone help me begin diagnosing where I should go from here? 

I look forward to being part of the C-Max (and hybrid) community! 

Thank you

P.S. I also posted this on the hybrid forum two weeks ago and haven't received any responses yet so that's why I'm also posting here.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   plus 3 golfer

plus 3 golfer

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Hybrid SEL

Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:39 PM

See below snip and attachment from the service manual.  Test HX is the procedures to check the circuits.  If the tests are negative, then the control module switching valve is replaced.  If you plan on maintaining your vehicle, you should get a service manual and ForScan.

P24BE - EVAP System Leak Detection Pump Vacuum Switching Valve Control Circuit Low

Description: This DTC sets when a concern is detected with the evaporative emission (EVAP) leak detection control module switching valve circuits. Possible Causes:
  • VPWR circuit open
  • EVAPLDPSV circuit open
  • EVAPLDPSV circuit short to ground
  • Damaged EVAP leak detection control module
Diagnostic Aids:   Application   Key On Engine Off Key On Engine Running Continuous Memory All   GO to Pinpoint Test HX

Attached File  EVAP.JPG   181.22KB   0 downloads

#3 OFFLINE   plus 3 golfer

plus 3 golfer

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Hybrid SEL

Posted 19 May 2018 - 06:32 AM

Attached are two additional snips.  Check Fuse 46 in the rear fuse box on left sidewall in in rear hatch (see owner's manual for location of #46).

Attached File  evap module.JPG   75.39KB   0 downloads

Attached File  EVAP Wiring.JPG   120.39KB   0 downloads

#4 OFFLINE   C-Maxine

C-Maxine

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationRochester, MN
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Hybrid SEL

Posted 19 May 2018 - 06:10 PM

Thank you for the help! I checked fuse 46 for the fuel system and it's not burnt out. It's nice to have some background on the EVAP system though so if I do end up getting it checked out I'll know what they are taking about

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dtcevap, p24be, leak

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·