Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Underhood heat

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bluefever

bluefever

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationLittleton,NH
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:cmax energi

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:31 PM

I'm assuming this is complete bs, but I figured that I would ask other C-Max Energi owners. I have a 2013 C-Max Energi, in September of 2015 I hit a mother deer with it. The insurance adjuster specified a recycled oem part, they supposedly couldn't find one and went for a new aftermarket one from empire. Recently I noticed that the underneath of the hood was rusting badly all along the seams, the rest of the car doesn't have a speck of rust on it. The body shop said it is part manufacturer issue and the heat from the hybrid batteries causes them to rust out??? Last time I checked both the 12 volt battery and hybrid battery are in the rear of the vehicle. I have not noticed any extreme heat rolling off of the hood at any time, so i'm assuming this is bs, just trying to pass the buck.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   komondor

komondor

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 466 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Locationdenver
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:20 PM

yes BS for sure  not much heat from the engine especially since unless you are accelerating it will turn on and off and you are coming off of winter when no matter where you are it is cooler.

Batteries are in the back.

#3 OFFLINE   GS Dave

GS Dave

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 176 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationJupiter, FL
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:25 AM

Definitely not related to heat from the rear mounted battery, lol.  Its either a poor quality part, or depending on the rust, a poorly painted repair.  Either way, I would go back to your insurance company and have them handle it as a claim repair not done to your satisfaction.

• cr08 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·