Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Text to voice

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   WheNRG

WheNRG

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationDallas
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Energi w/302A

Posted 11 April 2018 - 12:22 PM

My voice to text and text to voice used to work flawlessly, but lately I don't get the notification of a new text, so the SYNC won't read it.  Has this happened with anyone else?  I have an iphone 6 on ios 11.2.1.  I'm not exactly sure when I lost this function, but likely after a recent ios update.  I have noticed that siri's voice has changed, but the voice to text still functions with the long hold of the voice command button. I just can't get the incoming texts.  This was a very handy feature, so I'd like to get it back.  

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   komondor

komondor

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 476 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Locationdenver
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:13 PM

Check and see what bluetooth options are shown on your phone.  I also believe it is not supported feature depending on your actual sync/carrier /phone combo

#3 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,077 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:15 AM

My voice to text and text to voice used to work flawlessly, but lately I don't get the notification of a new text, so the SYNC won't read it.  Has this happened with anyone else?  I have an iphone 6 on ios 11.2.1.  I'm not exactly sure when I lost this function, but likely after a recent ios update.  I have noticed that siri's voice has changed, but the voice to text still functions with the long hold of the voice command button. I just can't get the incoming texts.  This was a very handy feature, so I'd like to get it back.  

There are a couple of things I can think of to fix the problem when you no longer get text notifications in the car.

If you have not shut off the phone for a long time you might try restarting the phone.

Check you iPhone settings for Bluetooth. The should be a 'SYNC' device listed as a bluetooth device. Select the Information on the right side of the SYNC device. In the next screen 'Show Notifications' should be on. If it is on and you are not getting text notifications in in the car toggle Show Notification off and on again. 

Hope this information helps.

Tom

• RubyMax likes this

#4 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 521 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationArcadia, CA
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Honda Clarity PHEV

Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:35 AM

Go to update your iPhone to 11.3. Crossing my fingers that solves it...

#5 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNortheast Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, 302A, Pano; Focus Electric

Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:47 PM

There are a couple of things I can think of to fix the problem when you no longer get text notifications in the car.

If you have not shut off the phone for a long time you might try restarting the phone.

Check you iPhone settings for Bluetooth. The should be a 'SYNC' device listed as a bluetooth device. Select the Information on the right side of the SYNC device. In the next screen 'Show Notifications' should be on. If it is on and you are not getting text notifications in in the car toggle Show Notification off and on again. 

Hope this information helps.

Tom

I've had the same issues in all 3 cars, with all 3 drivers' iPhones.  Toggling Show Notifications takes care of it.

Edited by RubyMax, 12 April 2018 - 04:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·