Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

I have reached the first 1000 KWH drawn from the HV battery

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,217 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 08 April 2018 - 07:54 PM

With my new 2017 Cmax, there is no longer a lifetime summary.  I have been keeping track of some statistics via the trip 2 meter.  Here is the latest:

13375.8 miles total, 9174.6 miles EV, 68.59% EV to ICE ratio, 77.7 mpg, 1000kwh battery burned,586 hours, 18 minutes and 45 seconds driven.

Also from the ET screen, I can pull out the gallons burned on trip 2 meter at 172.01.

I've been taking trip meter 2 pictures every time any of the numbers roll over to keep track.  You can see them below and follow along from when the car is new to reach the above current stats.  I wished Ford kept the lifetime summary screen, but unfortunately they took that away for no good reason really so I had to find a way to keep some stats on my own car.

-=>Raja.

Attached Files

Edited by rbort, 08 April 2018 - 07:56 PM.

• ptjones likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   SELT

SELT

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Region:Canada Quebec
  • LocationMontreal
  • Current Vehicle:Energy Titanium

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:10 AM

Thanks for sharing your stats Raja :2thumbs:

And also your spreadsheet example from:
http://fordcmaxenerg...-ev-kms-driven/

I really tried your advice on keeping track on my 2017 Energi... but I just wasn't disciplined enough :(

Quick question:
Is the "gallons burned on trip 2 meter" the total fuel, since July 2017 (or August when you took delivery)?

If so, can you remind how to get into the "ET" screen? I remember reading it somewhere in one of your 2013 forum topics.

Thanks again Raja!
Jr

#3 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,217 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:03 AM

Hi Jr:

Yes, the total fuel burned is from day 1 when I got the car.  It had 50 miles on it when I took delivery but they had not reset the trip meters 1 or 2 so it includes that as well.  I never reset 2 just 1 when I need it for trips.  To get to the ET screen, power up the car as usual but hold the left OK button until you see ET pop up in the left screen then release.  You can then go through several screens and see interesting information.  One of which is RAFE (running average fuel economy for the ICE), mine from last night showed 48.8 mpg.  That's what gives the car the predicted range when you fill up, it multiplies that number by 14, the full gas tank of the car.  So if I fill the tank today it should show 683 miles on range.

Also you will find the total gas burned for trip 1 and trip 2 meter, and fuel in the tank.  Fuel in the tank will be a number, for example, 813.  A full tank is 1004.  So 813/1004 x 14 will tell you how many gallons in the tank.  In this case 11.33, so you burned 2.67 so far.  There is a little reserve in there that the system doesn't calculate, Id say around 1/2 gallon.

Hope this helps, any more questions please let me know.  To get out of ET screen just hold the left OK and it will go back to the main screen that's there usually.

Also, I will be in Montreal in July.  Would love to meet you over some coffee or lunch if you're able.  I think its the week of July 16 to July 23.  Not available on the weekend will be at an event but any day during the week if that works.  I could take a ride with you or vice versa and coach you on how to drive the car most efficiently if you wish.

Best regards,

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 09 April 2018 - 09:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·