Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Consolidated HVB information?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RickOzone

RickOzone

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationToronto
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Energi

Posted 02 April 2018 - 03:19 PM

I’ve been looking for a good article on the details of the HVB (High Voltage Battery) but have not found one yet. I’ve been reading hundreds of posts on this forum looking for answers. I’ve learned a lot but still not all that I would like. Much of the same information is posted in many different threads. Perhaps we could make a good summary from all the information in these posts and pin it so that it is easily found by all when needed.
Some of the topics to be covered:
Capacity, advertised and real
State of charge, displayed and actual
Loss of capacity
Cooling
Charging
Operating
Etc

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   RickOzone

RickOzone

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationToronto
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Energi

Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:22 PM

Well, it seems that nobody has jumped up to volunteer to contribute.  So, I'll just start by adding some information and some links:

First, a picture of the battery, links to some technical data and a chart of the expected range on electric only vs driving speed:

Here is a link to some frequently asked question by a blogger:

http://cmaxchat.com/?cat=20

Here is a link to the thread on charging best practices:  http://fordcmaxenerg...best-practices/

Attached Files

Edited by RickOzone, 04 May 2018 - 07:27 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,157 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 13 April 2018 - 06:35 AM

Thanks for posting all together Rick, I've seen all those documents over the years.  Information provided in them in not quite accurate, better miles per Kwh can be had they are quite conservative actually.  I've driven 37 miles on a new battery at speeds of around 30mph average, as fast as 40 and slower during traffic, lights, stop signs, etc.

At 50mph down the highway its the closest to reality, I would expect around 22 miles range.   At 40 it should be closer to 30 miles range.  All depends on how you drive, the numbers I talk about is if your coach bars are full blue.

The Cmax nver gave me a 100 driving score, but from the looks of the range chart maybe that's reserved for speeds of Less than 20mph.

-=>Raja.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·