Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Charging issue

4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Grenin

Grenin

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationOregon
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:17 AM

Had to bring my 2013 C-Max Energi into the shop as it would not charge.  The PVSE(OEM) was not showing a fault(all green lights solid of flashing), but the car information display was.  The ODB says code P0D80.  Anyway, they hooked it up to the 220 at the shop at it charged.  Is there any reason other than a faulty PVSE that 220 would work and 110 would not?  Checked different outlets as well, no change.  CMAX light port will just do the all lit flashing.  The car does see the charger plugged in.  In any case the reason I am searching for another cause is that my wife was driving the vehicle and the radio would not turn off.  She almost never drives the car so did not know to pull fuse 79.  In any case she took it to the dealer and they pulled the positive cable to "fix" the issue.  But that is when we were unable to charge the vehicle.  In any case I was hoping to pull info off MFM but it appears the modem is not working showing a CPPM ESN as unknown despite pulling fuses etc(fuse 67 I think?).  The modem has been down since November though.  It was replaced under warranty last summer for the 3g cutover.  It had been working fine.  I just had not paid attention when it stopped.  The dealer says they tested the TCU and it worked fine, yet no mfm and the CPPM ESN is still unknown.  In any case a bit frustrated at the moment.  The dealer says they have no 110 PVSE to test with.       

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:07 AM

Had to bring my 2013 C-Max Energi into the shop as it would not charge.  The PVSE(OEM) was not showing a fault(all green lights solid of flashing), but the car information display was.  The ODB says code P0D80.  Anyway, they hooked it up to the 220 at the shop at it charged.  Is there any reason other than a faulty PVSE that 220 would work and 110 would not?  Checked different outlets as well, no change.  CMAX light port will just do the all lit flashing.  The car does see the charger plugged in.  In any case the reason I am searching for another cause is that my wife was driving the vehicle and the radio would not turn off.  She almost never drives the car so did not know to pull fuse 79.  In any case she took it to the dealer and they pulled the positive cable to "fix" the issue.  But that is when we were unable to charge the vehicle.  In any case I was hoping to pull info off MFM but it appears the modem is not working showing a CPPM ESN as unknown despite pulling fuses etc(fuse 67 I think?).  The modem has been down since November though.  It was replaced under warranty last summer for the 3g cutover.  It had been working fine.  I just had not paid attention when it stopped.  The dealer says they tested the TCU and it worked fine, yet no mfm and the CPPM ESN is still unknown.  In any case a bit frustrated at the moment.  The dealer says they have no 110 PVSE to test with.       

Did the dealer attempt to charge with your 110V charger?

I have had no communication with MFM since February. In the Emails back and forth to MFM they said to go to the dealer and get the TCU firmware upgraded to version 1.4.4. Since this is low priority to me I have yet to take it in to see if an upgrade is needed and if it helps.

Tom

#3 OFFLINE   Grenin

Grenin

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:34 AM

Hi Tom,

No they did not as they had no cord(I assumed this would be something they would have around as an EV certified dealership with a large service team).  This is my fault as I did not put it in the car before delivery to them.  I have since given them the cord, but since they think its bad I have not pushed for a test(since if it doesn't work they will continue to blame the cord).  I need them to test with a "known good" cord I guess to get them to believe its not a problem with my cord.  Interesting about the TCU issue.  Does your help->versions display unknown for the cppm esn?  I wonder if I should get in touch with the mfm people directly.

#4 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 30 March 2018 - 03:36 AM

Hi Tom,

No they did not as they had no cord(I assumed this would be something they would have around as an EV certified dealership with a large service team).  This is my fault as I did not put it in the car before delivery to them.  I have since given them the cord, but since they think its bad I have not pushed for a test(since if it doesn't work they will continue to blame the cord).  I need them to test with a "known good" cord I guess to get them to believe its not a problem with my cord.  Interesting about the TCU issue.  Does your help->versions display unknown for the cppm esn?  I wonder if I should get in touch with the mfm people directly.

I don't know of a way to check the TCU firmware version without Ford's diagnostic tools. I will be asking them to tell me the current version when I take the car in to see if it really needs to be updated. I am a bit skeptical that that would route cause of be the communications problem.

Tom

#5 OFFLINE   Grenin

Grenin

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 30 March 2018 - 09:47 AM

Actually the dealer retested and the TCU is bad after all.  They only did this after I called ford and opened a case though... pretty lame.  It does turn out I was on the right firmware though.  They also miracuously located another EVSE(110v) to test with.  Ugh at least some of this will be warrantied now.  If the EVSE is the problem on the charging issue though it sounds like that is not a warranty issue :(  Still don't get why no fault would show on the EVSE though.  In any case will update when it it all resolved.  They have had my car since Tuesday though and no ETA on the TCU part.

Nathan

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·