Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

12V Battery Reset

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNortheast Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, 302A, Pano; Focus Electric

Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:27 PM

I found this on the new Hyundai Ioniq,  It would make it easer than pulling Fuse 67 every time SYNC got stupid on our Fords.

Attached Files

• Levi Smith likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   cat-max

cat-max

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Locationillinois
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:Energi 302a

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:15 AM

Amen brother ! A simple reset button to give it a wake up call. Just like rebooting your phone, computer or the WiFi at home.

#3 OFFLINE   plus 3 golfer

plus 3 golfer

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Hybrid SEL

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:33 PM

I'm not sure it will remove voltage from the modules that are hung up.  It's a "jump start" in case the 12 V Li-Ion battery is "dead" - won't power up the control modules.  If you don't know, Hyundai replaced the normal 12 V lead acid battery with a 12 V Li-Ion battery that's located within the HVB.  Supposedly, the button provides for a short burst of power (like using a jump start on a lead acid battery) to power up the 12 V modules. Also, my guess is if the 12 V system is "up", the button does nothing.

According to Car & Driver, the downside is there are no battery terminals such that one can jump start another car with the Ioniq nor can one jump start the Ioniq with another car.   Edit: Here's a link that indicates you can use another car to jump the Ioniq. 

Also, what happens when the warranty runs out on the HVB (including the 12 V battery which is part of the HVB pack) and a cell in the 12 V Li-Ion battery goes bad and the car won't start because the voltage isn't sufficient.   Batteries don't last forever.  It could be expensive.  You can probably get by with a few "bad" cells in the main pack.  I guess you just push the button everytime you want to start the car.

Edited by plus 3 golfer, 15 March 2018 - 05:51 AM.

• ptjones and cr08 like this

#4 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationNortheast Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, 302A, Pano; Focus Electric

Posted 14 March 2018 - 07:04 PM

I'm not sure it will remove voltage from the modules that are hung up.  It's a "jump start" in case the 12 V Li-Ion battery is "dead" - won't power up the control modules.  If you don't know, Hyundai replaced the normal 12 V lead acid battery with a 12 V Li-Ion battery that's located within the HVB.  Supposedly, the button provides for a short burst of power (like using a jump start on a lead acid battery) to power up the 12 V modules. Also, my guess is if the 12 V system is "up", the button does nothing.

I hadn't even thought of that scenario, but it makes sense.  Thanks

#5 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 521 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationArcadia, CA
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Honda Clarity PHEV

Posted 14 March 2018 - 08:08 PM

As far as I know Hyundai warrants the hybrid battery for the original owner’s lifetime....

Not Kia, but only Hyundai models...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·