Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Disable "Is vehicle plugged in?" Notification at Start

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   edittman1

edittman1

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSan Jose
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:58 PM

Hi Everyone, tried my best to research this but the question pulls a lot of threads to other questions so posting up. 

I bought my 2012 C-Max Energi about 4 weeks ago with about 50,000 miles on it in good shape, with standard maintenance and recall updates by Ford Store Morgan Hill. 

Oddly enough, I drove it to work about 1 weeks after having it and driving it a handful of miles. We have the free charging, so I plugged it in to one of the chargers and came back in a couple hours when it filled up and moved it. Great, 23 miles on EV, then gas from Palo Alto home. Since I was using the freeway, I decided to store the EV and save it for later. I get home, park the vehicle and everything is fine. 

Up until this point, I simply get in the car and push the start button and the green drive light turns on and off I go. 

My wife and I go out of town for the weekend and use our other car. Sunday night comes around and I need to head to the store, so I head out to the car and try to unlock it with the fob, nothing. Try the handles, nothing. Great. Car is 100% dead. OK

Do some research and figure out a booster box will jump it fairly easy. I have one, no big deal. The next day I head to the Ford Store MH and they have the battery in stock. I buy it, take it home and install it myself (fairly easy, just a pain and time consuming). I use the battery box while changing it, so that I don't lose settings, etc. Everything goes well, car is running great since then - Except one thing:

Every time I get in the car it asks me "Is vehicle plugged in: Yes / No" - Once I select no, then I have to hit the start button again to get the green "ready to drive" icon to pop up. 

Otherwise, the car is working great. This is just the most annoying thing ever. 

Is there a way to disable this step????

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:36 AM

I have not ever seen this issue myself.  Sounds like despite your attempt to preserve settings while changing the battery a software glitch occurred anyway. I don't have the knowledge to determine what fuse might be related to this problem. 

One simple thing to try is to turn the car on while it is still plugged in. Then while still turned on unplug the car and press the start button to allow the car to go into run mode. Turn the car off and see if the original problem exists when the car is started when not plugged in. My hope here is that whatever bit is toggled wrong will be cleared by this action.

If you still can get rid that pesky message I would pull the cable off the battery so a complete system reset will occur.

At this point hopefully the problem will have been cleared. If not it sounds like a dealer service visit will be required unless someone can come up with a better idea.

Tom

#3 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 521 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationArcadia, CA
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Honda Clarity PHEV

Posted 25 March 2018 - 04:02 PM

I 2nd neg battery cable disconnect. May have made a computer unhappy with slight over voltage from booster box.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·