Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

She's All Mine! Now, About That Extended Warranty...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jonathan Ezor

Jonathan Ezor

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 222 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLong Island, NY
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-MAX Energi

Posted 09 March 2018 - 11:50 AM

With about 3 months left on my 3-year lease, I pulled the metaphorical trigger this morning and, after handing over a check for a rather large amount to the very cordial John Berto at Hempstead Ford on Long Island, I am now the full owner of the 2015 C-MAX Energi SEL Mr. Berto leased to me in June 2015. 52,000 miles on the clock, everything working well, and I am no longer renting my car from Ford Credit.

As some of you may have seen, I've been thinking about whether to pay the $4,000 mileage overrun and return the C-MAX, but other than the Chevrolet Bolt (which I seriously considered), there's no other vehicle which would make more sense for me than keeping my own C-MAX.

My only remaining question is whether to take Mr. Berto up on his offer to revive my expired 3/36k factory warranty for another 4 years and 40,000 miles for about $1600. The hybrid powertrain is covered anyway for 100,000 miles, and the battery itself is warrantied (against defects) up to 150k, but the rest of the systems are fair game for repair bills if they go bad. I have until Monday or so to make my decision. Any input? Thanks. {Jonathan}

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,036 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 09 March 2018 - 06:25 PM

Try to call Jeremy at:

https://andersonandk...d-warranty.com/

And see if he will let you sign up.  The prices there are more reasonable, for 1600 you can warranty it for 8 years 125000 miles.

Technically speaking it would be acceptable at 41k or less, so just ask him see what he can do.  The time frame is OK (less than 36 months), so you may get away with it.

If you did, the warranty will be good until 2023 (8 years from 2015) and for another 73000 miles meaning you can drive about 15k per year.

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 09 March 2018 - 06:25 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• 507 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationArcadia, CA
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Honda Clarity PHEV

Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:06 AM

That’s a tough call. I’ve wasted money on one of them before, but we get low mileage comparatively.

#4 OFFLINE   ITFlyer

ITFlyer

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 152 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:07 AM

My 2013 Energi (purchased new) is the FIRST car I have EVER bought an extended warranty for. There were just so many new technologies, so many computers, I decided it was prudent.

The extended warranty has already more than paid for itself since my factory warranty ran out. Very happy that I purchased it.

• Jonathan Ezor likes this

#5 OFFLINE   marlowefamily

marlowefamily

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSan Diego
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Energi Titanium w/ Moonroof

Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:20 AM

I don't do many miles, but I got a 7yr 75K mile warranty at the date of purchase for only around $1,050.  IF someone charging $1,600 - I'd be really leery.

#6 OFFLINE   stewie316

stewie316

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMichigan
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max Energi Hybrid

Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:00 AM

i use forevercar for 63$ a month ultimate and 101k miles coverage.   I've never had to use it but, fingers crossed I've got a solid car.

#7 OFFLINE   Jonathan Ezor

Jonathan Ezor

• 222 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLong Island, NY
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-MAX Energi

Posted 07 June 2018 - 09:13 AM

I don't do many miles, but I got a 7yr 75K mile warranty at the date of purchase for only around $1,050.  IF someone charging $1,600 - I'd be really leery.

Keep in mind this was a reupping for a 3-year-old car with 52k miles (i.e. out of original warranty). Pricing reflected that. {Jonathan}

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·