Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

SYNC3 MFM update 2.3

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mattsburgh

mattsburgh

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 12 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPittsburgh
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 04 March 2018 - 01:14 PM

Anyone else update their Sync3 to version 2.3?  I just found it and updated today,  not sure I see much different.  

Btw,  if you haven't updated,  a few notes.  The instructions said to use a USB with at least 32 GB,  I used 16 and it worked fine  (the space for the files is less than 2GB but they are zip files so I assumed it might need extra space on the drive - either way,  16GB worked). 

The first 2 times I tried the update it failed.  I had used the exFAT file system format as instructed... however,  I also remembered that I used FAT32 when I updated to 2.2,  so I tried FAT32 the third time and it worked.   Just a note in case others are having trouble,  maybe try that instead?  

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   mattsburgh

mattsburgh

• 12 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 06 March 2018 - 08:43 AM

Oh,  also,  after updating from 2.2 to 2.3,  my phone and car no longer recognized each other for Android Auto.  So I had to go into settings and tell it to automatically add new cars,  then the phone asked me to allow the car to dispaly Android Auto on the car's screen and I agreed then everything was back to normal.   Just a head's up for anyone used to using Android Auto,  you might have to do this step too. 

#3 OFFLINE   MaxLB

MaxLB

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 107 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max NRG

Posted 25 March 2018 - 10:44 AM

The latest version is 3.0.  I'm installing it today.

#4 OFFLINE   mdntblu

mdntblu

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationCorona, CA
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-Max Energi

Posted 03 May 2018 - 10:41 PM

Anyone else update their Sync3 to version 2.3?  I just found it and updated today,  not sure I see much different.  

Btw,  if you haven't updated,  a few notes.  The instructions said to use a USB with at least 32 GB,  I used 16 and it worked fine  (the space for the files is less than 2GB but they are zip files so I assumed it might need extra space on the drive - either way,  16GB worked). 

The first 2 times I tried the update it failed.  I had used the exFAT file system format as instructed... however,  I also remembered that I used FAT32 when I updated to 2.2,  so I tried FAT32 the third time and it worked.   Just a note in case others are having trouble,  maybe try that instead?  

I've tried everything. Master Reset, USB 32gb flash drive, USB 16gb MicroSD card reader drive, ExFax, Fat32, from Mac, From PC, over the air update, nothing works on my Sync 3. I really want the update so I can use Waze from my iPhone. I have seen videos that the update allows Waze if CarPlay is turned off.

#5 OFFLINE   mattsburgh

mattsburgh

• 12 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 02 July 2018 - 08:33 PM

The latest version is 3.0.  I'm installing it today.

How did it go?  What's the verdict?  I'm downloading it now but won't install until tomorrow. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·