Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Squeeking

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Geri

Geri

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Vehicle:C Max Energi

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

Does anyone hear a persistant sqeeking sound coming from the battery area?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   honemch

honemch

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

Nope! But it'd drive me crazy if I did!

#3 OFFLINE   jaydrama

jaydrama

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationMorgantown, WV

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

Someone else on this forum or another had a problem. Took it in and found it was some wiring jiggling. They shored it up.

#4 OFFLINE   jlin540

jlin540

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationLos angeles
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

i had a rattling under the dashboard, they found loose wiring which they tied down and it was good...

but now, i'm getting a rattling/sqeeking which appears to be in the car's mid section beam on the passenger side... it sounds like its behind the mechanism that you can adjust to raise or lower the shoulder height of the seat belt...  Ford already said they reinstalled the seat belt height mechanism, but its still there... annoying especially over rougher pavement...

the driver's side has no noise at all...

anyone had this issue?

still a great car, but love to take care of that rattling...

#5 OFFLINE   Bailey

Bailey

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Vehicle:CMax Energi 303

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

Did you figure out what your squeak was from? I drove my new energi home last night and all the way. To work this am there was a high pitched annoying squeak from the hatchback area ( like rubber rubbing on glass or metal). Sounds to me like something is not fitted properly with the hatchback. Wondering if anyone else had same thing. I am back at the dealer now and service dept has it trying. To figure out what the squeak. Is from. Other than this, like the car. So far.

#6 OFFLINE   67gtcougar

67gtcougar

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationSeattle
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

When I was driving on the freeway last weekend with the rear seats down, I noticed a high pitch sound coming from the back.  It almost drove me crazy.  I turned the music up to block, but it didn't seem to help.  Eventually it seemed to disappear. 

#7 OFFLINE   JohnE-nrg

JohnE-nrg

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • LocationNebraska
  • Current Vehicle:94 Cougar, soon to be C-Max

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

Kids can be noisy.

#8 OFFLINE   67gtcougar

67gtcougar

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

Funny.  On our trip my son complained about the noises. 

#9 OFFLINE   coloplugin

coloplugin

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationLouisville, CO
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Energi

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:52 AM

I've had the same back-seat sqeaking/rattling problem in my Energi as jlin540 above (who described it well!).  It seems to be a bit worse in cold weather, and it's gotten generally worse in the last month or so.  I'll ask the dealer to look into wiring.

#10 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 261 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationDearborn, MI
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:26 AM

I've had the same back-seat sqeaking/rattling problem in my Energi as jlin540 above (who described it well!).  It seems to be a bit worse in cold weather, and it's gotten generally worse in the last month or so.  I'll ask the dealer to look into wiring.

coloplugin,

I'm happy to look into this for you. PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll see how I can best assist.

Ashley

#11 OFFLINE   ecraigsmit

ecraigsmit

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationCT
  • Current Vehicle:2013 cmax energi

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:19 AM

Have same squeaking from rear/battery area.  Sounds like styrofoam rubbing on plastic and happens with every little bump I hit, problem is worse when cold (<20F) and is really quite anoying. Everyone who rides in my car comments about it so I'm not just sensitive to it.  I've tried removing everyting from the rear compartment including the sliding compartment cover to no avail.

I also have a lound bumping sound when the moonroof shade is open, problem goes away when I close the shade. 

Will take it to the dealer for both when the oil maintenance monitor tells me it's time to bring it in.  At 9.5k so far, 70%EV so not quite sure when that will be.

#12 OFFLINE   dpath

dpath

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:58 AM

I had a similar rattling problem from the rear of my C-Max Energi.  It was particularly noticeable over bumps and rough pavement.  I had the dealer look into it when I had the car in for the recalls.  It turned out that the lithium battery was loose.  All is well  now. 

#13 OFFLINE   coloplugin

coloplugin

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationLouisville, CO
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Energi

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:33 PM

Update: the night before I took my Energi to the dealer, I found that the interior panel on the rear passenger door was partially unclipped from the exterior part of the door. I pushed it into place and that seems to have gotten rid of the rattleā€”I'm not hearing a thing now. Dealer confirmed it when I took it in (needed an oil change anyhow).

#14 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max Energi 302A Pkg

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:01 AM

I've heard a squeaking from the right rear cargo area (apparently - it is hard to pin down these locations when driving). I realized yesterday that it only happens when it is colder the 65 degrees or so - it has been hotter than that lately - and that once it warms up the noise stops. I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can pin it down (when I hear it).

#15 OFFLINE   dicko

dicko

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationWoodstock, IL

Posted 10 November 2014 - 11:19 AM

I have to share my squeak/creak story.

It's been driving me crazy for about a month, ever since the outside temps took a nosedive.  I finally tracked it down.

It was coming from the back but hard to pin down exactly where so today I parked in the garage and I started pushing on anything I could to see if I could get a squeak out of it.  I discovered if I pushed down on the rear hatch, right above the Ford logo, the hatch emitted a rather loud creak. Opening the hatch and then only partially closing it, cured the creak.

It turns out to be the weatherstripping around the hatch door.  It's not sqeaking where the weatherstripping meets the door, it's squeaking where the weatherstripping meets itself.  Its a fairly complex shaped weather stripping and I cant describe it well, but it sort of folds back on itself when the hatch is closed.  It's this weatherstrip to weatherstrip contact that squeaks.

Right now, I peeled it apart and slipped some sheets of paper between the weatherstripping lips and the squeak has gone totally away.  Its like a brand new car again.  That squeak must have been there, subconsciously heard, for a long long time.  Now all I have to do is take it  in to the dealer and get it fixed for good.  Driving around with pieces of paper plastered all over the back doesnt look good.  I tried Silicone lube and paste wax but that didnt fix it.

Edited by dicko, 10 November 2014 - 11:21 AM.

#16 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max Energi 302A Pkg

Posted 10 November 2014 - 01:00 PM

I have to share my squeak/creak story.

It's been driving me crazy for about a month, ever since the outside temps took a nosedive.  I finally tracked it down.

It was coming from the back but hard to pin down exactly where so today I parked in the garage and I started pushing on anything I could to see if I could get a squeak out of it.  I discovered if I pushed down on the rear hatch, right above the Ford logo, the hatch emitted a rather loud creak. Opening the hatch and then only partially closing it, cured the creak.

It turns out to be the weatherstripping around the hatch door.  It's not sqeaking where the weatherstripping meets the door, it's squeaking where the weatherstripping meets itself.  Its a fairly complex shaped weather stripping and I cant describe it well, but it sort of folds back on itself when the hatch is closed.  It's this weatherstrip to weatherstrip contact that squeaks.

Right now, I peeled it apart and slipped some sheets of paper between the weatherstripping lips and the squeak has gone totally away.  Its like a brand new car again.  That squeak must have been there, subconsciously heard, for a long long time.  Now all I have to do is take it  in to the dealer and get it fixed for good.  Driving around with pieces of paper plastered all over the back doesnt look good.  I tried Silicone lube and paste wax but that didnt fix it.

Funny you should mention the watherstripping. After they fixed my squeak, the next day I couldn't close my hatch. It would get almost all the way down and then jump back. I couldn't see an obstruction, so I closed it by hand. Later on, I found that the weatherstripping was almost completely off everywhere except the top, and it was folding over and making the car think the hatch was hitting something (which I suppose it was)! I spent a minute placing the stripping back into the right grooves, and everything was back to normal.

#17 OFFLINE   viajero

viajero

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationAustin TX

Posted 28 October 2017 - 09:33 AM

Deleted.

Edited by viajero, 28 October 2017 - 04:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·