Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

What fuse to turn off DRL?

8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   yeedk

yeedk

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationRichmond Hill
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:51 PM

Does anyone know what fuse to pull to turn off DRL.  I would like to have the car in ACC with the lights off, the car does not have to be drivable.  Also, i am in Canada so they can't be permanently pogramed off.  I have tried pulling F24 (relay coils. light switch module) and F74 (headlamp supply) without success.  However, F75 did turn off my fog lights.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   cr08

cr08

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 194 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ice Storm C-Max Energi

Posted 25 February 2018 - 05:33 PM

Doubtful you can via a fuse. These days it is all in software vs specific circuits. Even for a Canadian built vehicle you should be able to reprogram to disable DRL. Likely the dealers don't want to do it due to laws/rules/regulations.

#3 OFFLINE   yeedk

yeedk

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationRichmond Hill
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 25 February 2018 - 08:56 PM

I am OK with other components powering off too, as long as radio, climate and power outlets work.  I would unplug the lamp assembly if it did not require removal of the whole assembly.

Edited by yeedk, 25 February 2018 - 08:57 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   cr08

cr08

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 26 February 2018 - 03:47 AM

Read the first post in this thread (FYI this is highly likely to be applicable to any Ford model in the same set of model years and the Escape isn't much different from the C-Max to begin with in some areas):

http://www.fordescap...-consumers.html

Essentially any fuse pull or hacky way of disabling the DRL's, at minimum, is going to kill your low beams. It MUST be programmed in the BCM.

I'm also reminded on that post that the DRL's should only be operating in RUN mode and not ACC. Are you sure you are actually operating the car in ACC in these cases? It is as simple as not pressing the brake when you press the start button. The green 'Ready to Drive' light should not come on.

#5 OFFLINE   plus 3 golfer

plus 3 golfer

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Hybrid SEL

Posted 26 February 2018 - 05:31 AM

You can likely use ForScan for Windows to turn DRLs off/on as desired.

http://www.2gfusions...ad.php?tid=3834

• cr08 likes this

#6 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A W Panoramic Roof

Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:17 AM

My answer is: Good Luck.  I've been unable to find a way to disable the DRL's.  

Personally, I like DRL's, but would like the option like every other vehicle with DRL's I've had where one can sit and listen to the radio(for more than 10 minutesx2) and NOT have the headlights on.

The only mention I've found is that *some* dealerships seem to have or at least DID have the ability to turn them off.  I tried a couple and they both told me they couldn't do it.  I got the Ford IDS software and Forscan, etc and so far have not found any way to do it.

I got sick of trying and haven't bothered in quite some time now.  

Basically, I'm at the point where if I really wanted the functionality I think I'd probably end up throwing in a couple relays and a switch so I could physically cut the power to the bulbs on command.

#7 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 541 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationArcadia, CA
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Honda Clarity PHEV

Posted 27 February 2018 - 02:49 PM

I was able to program them with FORScan and the $79 (can't remember the exact pricing anymore) cable from Russia...
  • Levi Smith likes this

#8 OFFLINE   JonC

JonC

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationTN
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 03 March 2018 - 05:34 PM

Forscan is the way to go if you want to change your DRL setting.

I don't particularly want to turn mine off, but it's settable with Forscan.

You'll need one of the cables with the MS-CAN switch, I think I paid about $25 for mine.

Oh, and my DRLs absolutely do come on when the car is in "accessory" mode, I do wish they wouldn't do that.

If you want them switch controlled?  You'll probably have to go with the switch/relay method on the headlights.  I have no idea why Ford didn't just make it a setting in a menu, they do on other cars.

#9 OFFLINE   cr08

cr08

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 03 March 2018 - 05:48 PM

Try checking the IPC next time in Forscan. Some people with other models have reported having the option to have a DRL setting in the gauge cluster there. Need to enable both that and the relevant DRL options in the BCM.

I'm actually going to check on this sometime tomorrow. I'd like to have the option to have DRL on mine. I'm guessing you guys had actual togglable options in ForScan vs needing to modify As Built codes?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·