Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

New Energis- the death watch

last year 2018 2017 final model

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   GTIguy

GTIguy

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationDenver
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-MAX Energi Titanium, 2014 C-Max Hybrid (daughter's car)

Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:27 PM

Sorry to broach a sad topic, but are the last of the Energi models gone yet from dealer stock? How about the Hybrids? I've been talking these cars up to several friends who seemed interested. Have they missed their chance to buy new? Sure glad I got mine.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   grege

grege

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationDC Metro Area
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Cmax Energi Titanium

Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:35 AM

Sorry to broach a sad topic, but are the last of the Energi models gone yet from dealer stock? How about the Hybrids? I've been talking these cars up to several friends who seemed interested. Have they missed their chance to buy new? Sure glad I got mine.

The 2017 energi production is over but not sure about the regular hybrid which is supposed to be made through 2018 I think (but I could be wrong).  I'm tempted to pick up a 2018 cmax hybrid next year.

Greg

#3 OFFLINE   ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationEmmaus, PA
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 02 February 2018 - 04:41 AM

There should still be some around, but they're certainly petering out. Fusion Energi production seems to still be going strong.

But I'm not sure there's a great argument for buying the Energi cars new anymore. There's a lot of new PHEV models out now that people could find attractive: the Honda Clarity, Prius Prime, Mitsubishi Outlander, Kia Niro (though the Hyundai/Kia PHEVs apparently don't have any electric heat), Chrysler Pacifica, and the three Volvo T8 cars if you want to go high-end. That's not counting the Volt which everybody was already cross-shopping, I imagine. All except the Volvos have more EPA-rated electric range than the Energi cars, and none have the ridiculous battery humps in the trunk.

I think C-Max Energis are a great buy used but there's a lot of options new. I wish Ford had put in higher-energy-density cells to make a C-Max with 35 miles of EV range so we could someday refresh our battery packs that way, but I get why they didn't.

• Jonathan Ezor likes this

#4 OFFLINE   GTIguy

GTIguy

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationDenver
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-MAX Energi Titanium, 2014 C-Max Hybrid (daughter's car)

Posted 03 February 2018 - 12:08 AM

Sure, but-

- the Honda's a sedan

- The Prius is a Prius. And just look at it, briefly.

- Mitsubishi, America's least popular Japanese car/ Buy here, Pay here

- The Kia is a new model, and the company's first try. I'd much rather have a late-model C-Max, they're nails.

- The Pacifica is nice, but it's a big, big car

- Volvos? Maybe. It's an opportunity to be the first on your block, but you'll pay the Early Adopters' Tax.

• chryssa likes this

#5 OFFLINE   Sydney_NYC

Sydney_NYC

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNorthern NJ/NYC Area
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi Titanium

Posted 03 February 2018 - 05:50 PM

Sure, but-

- The Kia is a new model, and the company's first try. I'd much rather have a late-model C-Max, they're nails.

We test drove the Kia Niro. It was nice looking but has the worst brakes I've ever experienced since learning to drive on a 1972 Internation Pickup in 1986. You have to practically stand on them to make the car stop fast.

#6 OFFLINE   grege

grege

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationDC Metro Area
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Cmax Energi Titanium

Posted 04 February 2018 - 05:51 AM

We test drove the Kia Niro. It was nice looking but has the worst brakes I've ever experienced since learning to drive on a 1972 Internation Pickup in 1986. You have to practically stand on them to make the car stop fast.

Gotta say... I like the look of the NIRO and want to like it in other ways, but I can't.  Too little space and weak weak weak on acceleration and power.  The PRIUS is an aesthetic nightmare but drives pretty well while the C-MAX is a way better driving vehicle with very good room and feel.  My only real dislike of the cmax (aside from some sloppy build quality) is the huge steering radius.  WTH is that all about given it's built on a small car platform?

The cmax generally drives better than pretty much any hybrid out there. 

Greg

• ptjones likes this

#7 OFFLINE   spirilis

spirilis

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-Max Energi SE Kona Blue

Posted 04 February 2018 - 03:38 PM

The Focus also has horrible turning radius. Must be a Ford thing.

#8 OFFLINE   GTIguy

GTIguy

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:29 PM

Maybe it's because they put big tires and wheels on a chassis not designed for it. But I'll take the u-turn inconvenience for the Ford's improved ride and handling.

• grege and spirilis like this

#9 OFFLINE   spirilis

spirilis

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-Max Energi SE Kona Blue

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:17 AM

Yep... the larger tires & wheels (C-Max and Focus Electric use identical wheels and tires) is a blessing. Stock tires are hot garbage IMO but I'll be done with those by 40K.

#10 OFFLINE   elnene2k

elnene2k

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationFairhaven, MA
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi SEL - Oxford White

Posted 10 February 2018 - 05:34 AM

The Kia Niro does seem to be a good value buy...I considered looking at one seeing how cheap they are...but you guys are right in that I would rather see how the reliability goes or other problems first before I would say the car is a good value as it may turn out not to be so good if the car ends up having issues...

It's like the Mini Coopers...Everyone loved those cars at first and you would see them everywhere...but after 5 years, you started seeing the complaints and lawsuits about tranny issues BMW did not address and S-Model engines that blew up without the dealer also addressing it...Not to name all the other issues these "German Engineering" vehicles eventually had...

In the end, you don't see as many high mileage Minis for sale as their popularity turned sour due to fact these cars break often...all the enthusiasts did not become loyal...you see a lot for sale in the Craigslist ads where they sell them as is with tranny or engine issues...

The Fiat is another example...cool looking and very different (tons of marketing and publicity for them) but in the end, those cars never made it past 100k miles...

#11 OFFLINE   komondor

komondor

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 481 posts
  • Locationdenver
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 10 February 2018 - 02:20 PM

I test drove a Clarity and was pretty happy with it, other than the lack of a hatch.

There are a few things they left off the 2018 model that I hope is fixed for 2019;

The Nav system is one version behind other Hondas with no physical knobs

The Blind spot system is also one version behind

You can only preheat/cool if you are not using 120V charging.

They also do not offer the HUD system from other Clarity models.

I am hoping that they offer these upgrades for 2019.

One thing that will drive me to buy the car is the current tax credit it is 7,500.00 federal and 5,000.00 for the state of Colorado, that brings the actual price of the car down quite a bit.

#12 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan,GA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX Hybrid

Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:02 PM

CMAX is the best Hybrid I've driven, Niro and Prius lack power when you need it , cheap inside and I like the extra head room in CMAX.

Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·