Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Honda Clarity PHEV

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 507 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationArcadia, CA
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Honda Clarity PHEV

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:27 PM

Raja can now help me out on what he thinks of the Clarity PHEV. We got to meet for lunch today.

I like the LED headlights. They are a nice bright white, as opposed to the loaner X1 I got to try which turned the white speed limit signs some sort of blue!!!

We agreed that the suede or alcantara panelling (real or synthetic) really makes it luxurious inside.....

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,036 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:56 PM

It was great meeting Jesse, what an awesome guy :). Enjoyed the company and lunch and the new clarity looks very nice, lots of space inside. I rode with him in EV power and as expected it was very quiet. They don’t have as much feedback as the Cmax like bars of power or braking score, things like that it’s more like drive and don’t worry about things, Someday I should test drive one to see how it feels, I’ll do that back home before going for a mini for the wife I know her heart is set on that...!

-=>Raja.

#23 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• 507 posts
  • LocationArcadia, CA

Posted 25 March 2018 - 07:53 AM

TPMS- Takes 30-60 minutes of highway driving to recalibrate. Reminds me of the indirect TPMS on our ‘04 Sienna. Pro or con, that’s really up to each individual.

Really nice to meet the C-MAX guru in person! Turns out I was on the wrong Engage screen to monitor battery use well! (I had complained it was hard to watch that I was under two bars of power....)

Hope the rest of your stay here is nice and sunny, and you have a safe flight back to MA! I told my wife maybe someday we can visit.....

I just updated the Nav on the Clarity, updates are downloaded onto a 16GB or larger USB stick using the Garmin Express App. 5 years are included, don’t know how they determine the start date. Original copyright was 2015, new copyright is 2016.

Drove around all day on electricity because I found a charger at my destination. Now I have estimated 62 miles EV range!

So I set the charge time from 10 pm until 8 am the next day. It will “try” to charge at 10 pm, and report a fault/error to my wife if it is not plugged in. If I plug it in in the early am but before 8, it will not charge, so I guess it will only try to start charging at 10, but no other time in between then and 8 am. Have to manually set it to charge through the app or turn off the time charging. (This is a complaint I see on a Clarity forum).

Attached Files

Edited by jzchen, 01 April 2018 - 07:48 PM.

#24 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• 507 posts
  • LocationArcadia, CA

Posted 18 June 2018 - 04:15 AM

I wanted to update the last post about me sorting out how the car is charged, (to be fair to the Honda engineers).  There is a button on the remote/key that has a picture of a lightning bolt on it.  With the vehicle set to value charge, you can press and hold this button to initiate charging right away.  I plug the EVSE connector in, then press and hold the button.  There is a beep that comes from the car, and the charge indicator light turns solid green indicating it is charging.  (I haven't tried pressing the button before plugging in, that idea just came to mind right now to try).

I can drive many full days without using a drop of gas, and sometimes don't even recharge overnight because there is still significant charge left.

Honda has an accessory rear parking sensors, which I miss dearly, but it is somewhat expensive and lots of labor to install.  Somewhat bulky, hard to estimate, in parking lots.  I've kissed the front bumper on a (luckily) plastic parking pole at the charging station in the local Westfield Santa Anita shopping mall.

Garmin's latest map update has some inaccuracies that has the car "jumping" off the 91 FWY between the 71 and 15 at points.  I am driving down the FWY and the Nav all of a sudden thinks we are on a street to the side of the freeway!  Takes a little while for it to sort it out that we are back on the freeway, in particular in slow moving traffic...

• fotomoto likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·