Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

outrageous mileage with MFM

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   GlennR

GlennR

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationBrampton
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi 2016

Posted 28 January 2018 - 05:07 AM

The same issue has started for me, I'm showing anywhere between 0.1 mpg to 2,400 mpg. This software has been buggy from the start but, wow, it's totally useless now.

Update:

Now it's almost nine thousand miles per gallon showing. I emailed mobile support to see if they could provide an update on what's going on but I've only received an automated acknowledgment of my query so far. 

Edited by GlennR, 29 January 2018 - 09:05 AM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   coair73x

coair73x

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationWashington DC
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-MAX Energi SEL 303a Glass Roof 2016 C-Max Energi SEL 302a Black

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:08 PM

Well I can report that both of my 16 Cmax Energi`s both report 5000mpg!  Just had modem replaced on my black pre owned one and after ride home from dealer 5000mpg. So I would say its on Fords side. I will call them back and see what kind of bs they will give me.

#23 OFFLINE   coair73x

coair73x

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationWashington DC
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-MAX Energi SEL 303a Glass Roof 2016 C-Max Energi SEL 302a Black

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:16 PM

I read on another forum that mfm is working on a fix.

#24 OFFLINE   GlennR

GlennR

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationBrampton

Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:04 AM

Has anybody had a correction of this issue yet?

#25 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,085 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:10 AM

They called me last night, said they were working on the MPG problem.  I forgot to tell them the charge times are all the same too, bummer...hopefully that will get fixed at the same time.

Weird thing is that they asked me to change my MFM password to something they want so they can log into my account and look.  But after we spoke a bit about the issue, they said if its the MPG thing then they know about it and don't need to log into my account.

-=>Raja.

#26 OFFLINE   GlennR

GlennR

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationBrampton

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:51 PM

I wonder if they'll ever get it right. I don't understand how this big an error can be unnoticed when tested or this hard to solve. They don't notify any customer about issues or when they might fix it. I don't know that I'll get another Ford after this one. 

Edited by GlennR, 13 February 2018 - 05:12 PM.

#27 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,085 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:21 PM

Yes its still broken, that doesn't make sense why they even changed something to break it.

But only for the new cars, 2013 still works OK go figure...

-=>Raja.

#28 OFFLINE   coair73x

coair73x

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationWashington DC

Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:42 PM

I imagine since very few are complaining they are taking their time. I am curious if it is doing the same thing on 15-18 Fusion Energi's

#29 OFFLINE   GlennR

GlennR

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationBrampton

Posted 23 February 2018 - 09:09 AM

Any update from anyone? I've heard nothing more.

#30 OFFLINE   cr08

cr08

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 171 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ice Storm C-Max Energi

Posted 23 February 2018 - 09:12 AM

I just wonder what the exact cause is. I have yet to see this on my 2013. In fact MFM has been absolutely flawless for me from day one (roughly mid March 2017) even through all the Android app updates. I've only ever seen the time offset issue which is a non-concern for me.

#31 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,065 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:28 PM

I just wonder what the exact cause is. I have yet to see this on my 2013. In fact MFM has been absolutely flawless for me from day one (roughly mid March 2017) even through all the Android app updates. I've only ever seen the time offset issue which is a non-concern for me.

I have never had problems in almost almost 5 years until Feb 8, 2018. All communication between the C-Max and MFM has stopped. No text messages and no driving updates at all. Tried on both my computer and my iPhone and both fail communicating to the car. No indication in the car of any problems either.

Tom

#32 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,085 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 23 February 2018 - 05:54 PM

Its still not fixed for the 2017 models, but for 2013 and my buddy Ansy's it still seems to be working.

I haven't heard anything back from Ford, maybe you guys wants to contact them again?

-=>Raja.

#33 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,065 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 24 February 2018 - 06:03 AM

Its still not fixed for the 2017 models, but for 2013 and my buddy Ansy's it still seems to be working.

I haven't heard anything back from Ford, maybe you guys wants to contact them again?

-=>Raja.

I sent a support request to MFM and they responded with a request for specific information. Just waiting to see if they come up with feedback for me.

Tom

#34 OFFLINE   Arrival

Arrival

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationCA
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi 303A w/pano

Posted 26 February 2018 - 03:38 PM

On mine, while the Value Charge worked properly, the times showing on the MFM notification entries were messed up.  It seems to have been corrected in the last day or so.

#35 OFFLINE   GlennR

GlennR

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationBrampton

Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:40 PM

I called Ford again. Every time you have to start over from the beginning and they seem to have no idea that there's a problem. It's pathetic. I wonder if a call to a newsroom consumer advocate might shake loose a solution or at least an update from Ford.

• Thomas Pope likes this

#36 OFFLINE   Thomas Pope

Thomas Pope

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationUS
  • Current Vehicle:Energi

Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:24 AM

This has been messed up since December 2017 for me. At least that's when I noticed. I also lost communication to car. Resetting the modem fixed that. To do that you either break your back trying to pull the fuse (don't remember which one) or disconnect the 12v battery for 5 minutes then reconnect, you'll need a 10mm socket. I'm sure the dealer would do it for you. But outrageous mpg persists.

I'm also not likely to go with Ford for next car, because of these and other issues.

Edited by Thomas Pope, 01 March 2018 - 09:26 AM.

#37 OFFLINE   GlennR

GlennR

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationBrampton

Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:29 PM

Well, another week goes by with nothing from Ford. They really are unresponsive. As much as I like my C-Max I'm worried that if anything serious goes wrong they'll not be able to fix it. 

I am an IT professional and I find it hard to believe that a small programming change can go unaddressed for so long creating customer dissatisfaction for no good reason. Do they have such a big queue of defects that they can't get around to this one?

#38 OFFLINE   spirilis

spirilis

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-Max Energi SE Kona Blue

Posted 07 March 2018 - 05:50 PM

Well, another week goes by with nothing from Ford. They really are unresponsive. As much as I like my C-Max I'm worried that if anything serious goes wrong they'll not be able to fix it. 

I am an IT professional and I find it hard to believe that a small programming change can go unaddressed for so long creating customer dissatisfaction for no good reason. Do they have such a big queue of defects that they can't get around to this one?

I can't imagine that, what I can imagine is they have a hopelessly bureaucratic change control and software release cycle... that's probably hampered by other efforts more desirable to the programmers (e.g. coding new features for upcoming EVs/PHEVs?) so we get the short end of the stick here.

I have been toying with the JSON output from the MFM website, accessed via a Chrome extension ... link was on the myfocuselectric site which seems to be down.  Anyway check the Chrome web store and search "my ford mobile", extension by "squad.alert" does the trick- gives you a Save button in the driving & charge log view (along with a More button to view more data).  I am not very well versed in modern web authentication but I wonder if you could write an app to fully login & authenticate to the MFM website and pull this stuff on demand... then write your own MFM app.  All the data you need is basically there.

Example:

[  {"eventtype":"0",
        "eventdate":"2018-02-27T14:59:30.000-05:00",
        "recid":"348440692",
        "locationid":{"@nil":"true"},
        "begints":{"@nil":"true"},
        "beginsoc":"100",
        "endsoc":"0",
        "chargebreakdown":{"@nil":"true"},
        "active":{"@nil":"true"},
        "vehicleid":"<REDACTED>",
        "keynumber":"0",
        "latitude":"<REDACTED>",
        "longitude":"<REDACTED>",
        "distance":"65.3",
        "energyconsumedl":"2.5",
        "energyconsumedkwh":"5.4",
        "efficiency":"3909.6",
        "efficiencyuom":"W_UOM_MPG_V2",
        "regendist":"5.3",
        "regenpct":"93.1",
        "drivingscore":"52.9",
        "drivingscoreuom":{"@nil":"true"},
        "evtripdist":"25.4",
        "locationname":{"@nil":"true"},
        "locationtype":{"@nil":"true"},
        "zipcode":{"@nil":"true"},
        "custid":{"@nil":"true"},
        "custname":{"@nil":"true"},
        "keyPersonalized":"0",
        "keyName":{"@nil":"true"}},

Distances are in KM, "energyconsumedl" is liters of gasoline consumed, energyconsumedkwh is EV-only power consumed (not hybrid mode), evtripdist shows you how much distance was spent in EV mode, hybrid or not... the faulty efficiency numbers show up in the JSON data as you see here, which means it's a backend software bug, hence why it shows up in the android MFM app as well.

Edited by spirilis, 07 March 2018 - 05:52 PM.

#39 OFFLINE   ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationEmmaus, PA
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:26 AM

When my 12V battery died, the only thing that got reset was the fuel economy units. Oddly, MFM takes the car's units on fuel economy, and before I set it back to MPGe recorded gas-only MPG for a few trips, recording 999 MPG where I didn't use gas.

#40 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,085 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:00 PM

MFM records MPG if you set the car to MPG, and MPGe if you set the car to MPGe.

Always set the car to MPG if you intent to use the engine at all.  This will give you a true MPG number that you achieved and calculating EV miles as free.

Set it to MPGe if you drive 100% EV, this way you will get feedback on how well you did.  MPGe will vary from 125 to 225 depending on the weather and how efficient you are.

If you have it on MPG and drive 100% EV, you're going to get 999 mpg while doesn't give you good feedback on how you did.

Sadly, I don't have that option any more with the 2017 model, its permanently stuck on MPG.

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 12 March 2018 - 03:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·