Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Wiper Blades

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   stewie316

stewie316

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMichigan
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max Energi Hybrid

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:55 AM

About October i purchased Bosch Icon 28/26 Wiper blades.  The harsh cold and snow has made them awful blades noisy and ratterly and not so smooth after a month.  I changed to RainX, very smooth wipers, and quiet but the passenger side will not fit as it tucks under the hood.  It gets caught.  The adapter is too fat. lol  I tried filing it down but it still hit so i put the bosch back on.  Can see the difference between both.   What quiet and smooth blades has anyone had success with?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 507 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationArcadia, CA
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Honda Clarity PHEV

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:11 AM

I think the Bosch blades in stock at stores must be old. I got a rear blade for a ‘12 Prius v and within a year it is clattering. I got a pair of front blades from a foreign seller on eBay but I can’t find them anymore...

#3 OFFLINE   stewie316

stewie316

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max Energi Hybrid

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:35 AM

Thats what my wife said, i bet they've been sitting on the floor for quite awhile and they were old to begin with.

#4 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• 507 posts
  • LocationArcadia, CA

Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:24 AM

I finally found my transaction on eBay from rvcabinet.  They aren't selling anything right now.  $15 for both front 29" and 25".  Came within a week IIRC.  On eBay I can see a lot of 28" and 26".  Did you measure yours?  What happened when they came in was that one wiper was set to swipe the wrong way.  (Usually they swipe in the same direction, but as you probably know the C-MAX swipes the opposite direction).  Luckily I was able to disassemble the center pin and rotate the mount 180 degrees and reassemble, so that the aero lip was the correct direction.

Now I only see 28" and 26" on eBay.  The attachment looks correct but the sizes are not the exact same as our original.  On fordparts.com they also list 28" and 26", so MAYBE they will work.  My concern is the water sensor for the automatic wipers...

EDIT-  Example:

https://www.ebay.com...RVaFW9m&vxp=mtr

Edited by jzchen, 17 January 2018 - 05:25 AM.

#5 OFFLINE   cr08

cr08

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ice Storm C-Max Energi

Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:26 AM

I'll have to check my Rain-X latitudes I have and see how they fare on my C-Max. Ended up buying a pair shortly after getting my C-Max assuming the factory blades were going bad after having some streaking and missed swipes but just ended up needing to use them a bit to regain some pliability.

Side note it does seem the dealer pricing at least on consumables is pretty damn reasonable. Pricing with my local dealer is showing around $11-12 for the front wipers and around $14 for the rear. I also recently bought a bottle of 50/50 antifreeze and it was around the $15 mark.

#6 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 678 posts
  • LocationNortheast Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, 302A, Pano; Focus Electric

Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:38 AM

Side note it does seem the dealer pricing at least on consumables is pretty damn reasonable. Pricing with my local dealer is showing around $11-12 for the front wipers and around $14 for the rear.

Check owner.ford.com, as there is usually a coupon for a set of wiper blades for $19.99

• jzchen likes this

#7 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• 507 posts
  • LocationArcadia, CA

Posted 27 January 2018 - 03:35 AM

Here's where I first purchased a Bosch rear wiper for a '12 Prius v.  I noted it does not clean on the top swiped area.  I did not think it was already old and stiff.  I just kept it.  Bosch has a 30 day money back warranty, if you ever get one that seems bad from the get go...

12" rear wiper arm vs. original 11"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·