Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

2016 SEL Energi should be here tomorrow!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MVArtMan

MVArtMan

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationArkansas
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:SEL ENERGI

Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:47 PM

Pretty excited about getting a "new" car. Its on its way to the Ozark mountains from Mobile, AL.  A little over 6K miles and will be replacing my 2005 Scion XB.  I test drove one in '16 and that settled it for me as a replacement.  I'm 6'5" and it seemed just right to follow up the spacious XB (no kidding).  Can't wait to avoid our local gas stations which are consistently 30 to 40 cents more per gallon than anywhere else in Arkansas.

• Jonathan Ezor likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 181 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationEmmaus, PA
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 08 January 2018 - 05:18 AM

Hope you enjoy it - and yes, avoiding gas stations feels great.

#3 OFFLINE   sporkinum

sporkinum

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 135 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationIllinois
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:56 PM

Enjoy! Just filled up last week, and prior to that filled up in September. Plug in hybrids are nice that way.

#4 OFFLINE   MVArtMan

MVArtMan

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:38 PM

The car arrived this afternoon, but without the charger.   The dealer told me it must have been removed during detailing.  They're supposed to be overnighting it, so will be burning gas for a couple more days.   Electrician might come out tomorrow (if he gets around to it) and install a plug for my level 2 in the garage.     

#5 OFFLINE   GTIguy

GTIguy

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationDenver
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-MAX Energi Titanium, 2014 C-Max Hybrid (daughter's car)

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:40 PM

I still stop by gas stations for bathrooms and snacks. And those windows don't wash themselves. About every three weeks I get some gas, but I do drive a lot.

#6 OFFLINE   MVArtMan

MVArtMan

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:09 PM

About to end my first week of driving on EV only and averaging a bit over 45 miles per $1 with our local leckie rates.  Even went on an emergency "long" range 20+ mile run with 1 mile to spare.  The downside is that I now dread taking the Maximum Bob (named after an Elmore Leonard character) on a road trip because it will bring my numbers down.  P.S.  Really enjoying getting into a warm car every morning!

#7 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,085 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 26 January 2018 - 05:30 AM

About to end my first week of driving on EV only and averaging a bit over 45 miles per $1 with our local leckie rates.  Even went on an emergency "long" range 20+ mile run with 1 mile to spare.  The downside is that I now dread taking the Maximum Bob (named after an Elmore Leonard character) on a road trip because it will bring my numbers down.  P.S.  Really enjoying getting into a warm car every morning!

Glad your loving EV driving. I do recommend you let go of the high numbers and take the road trip. The C-Max has been a great road trip car for me. It is the combination local EV driving and the ability to take long road trips as a Hybrid that really show its versatility. The bottom line is to enjoy life and use this car as a great tool to get there no matter how far there is.

Tom

• spirilis likes this

#8 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 320 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Maxwell Smart

Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:41 AM

I'm with Tom on this one, I used mine as a battery-only car for the first few months, then I settled down to deciding when to use the gas for (a) distance and (b) for cabin heat.  Frequently during this very cold winter, I've been using the gas until the motor is warm, then EV until I'm close enough that the car will stay warm for the rest of the trip (further than I expected, frankly).  Playing with recharging on the highway is rather fun, too.

#9 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

Energi Member

• 1,263 posts
  • LocationSouth Texas
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX

Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:45 AM

. I do recommend you let go of the high numbers and take the road trip. The C-Max has been a great road trip car for me. It is the combination local EV driving and the ability to take long road trips as a Hybrid that really show its versatility. The bottom line is to enjoy life and use this car as a great tool to get there no matter how far there is.

Tom

Yeah, it's hard to watch the numbers go down but overall if most driving is local EV they will quickly rebound.   :thumbsup:

MV, did you get an L2 EVSE (charger) yet?  It makes pre-conditioning/GO TIMES (especially warmups) more efficient and quicker.

#10 OFFLINE   spirilis

spirilis

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-Max Energi SE Kona Blue

Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:07 AM

Just reset the avg MPG meter, grin & bear it... haha
Then when your big trip is done reset it again so you feel better again!
  • fotomoto likes this

#11 OFFLINE   elnene2k

elnene2k

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationFairhaven, MA
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi SEL - Oxford White

Posted 29 January 2018 - 06:41 AM

Nice...yeah, this is pretty exciting to me as well. Good luck with the car!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·