Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Goodbye Ford! It was a 32 year run!

Best Answer Axtrader , 23 April 2018 - 04:03 PM

Sold the 2013 C-MAX Energi for $12,200 with 52,2000 miles on the odometer. Very interesting buyer. I sold the CMAX to a Factory Certified Tesla Autobody repair facility in San Diego whose customers are demanding loaner cars with an HOV sticker like their Teslas. The Tesla autobody shop operates a small fleet of Ford CMAX Energi's to service the Tesla community who are in for autobody repair.

I recently received an invitation from Tesla to configure a Model 3 and will be placing my order shortly. Our 2016 Fusion Energi will go to our daughter as she geos away to college. We will also keep the 2003 Expedition as the beater mobile with ICE. We wont be buying any more gas powered cars in the future... there is nothing more enjoyable than electric torque, traffic aware cruise control, autosteer and never having to visit the dealership again. Thank you Elon and Tesla! Our Model X is simply a car from another planet and look forward to the same with the Model 3! Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Axtrader

Axtrader

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:28 PM

I have owned only Ford cars for the last 32 years, learning to drive in a 1966 Mustang 6 cylinder coupe. I have owned 4 Mustangs, 2 Sport Tracs, Expedition, Ranger, 2 Fusion Energi's and a C-Max Energi. Never purchased any other brand. I was proud to buy the American Ford brand my entire life and I will forever own and cherish my 1966 Mustang GT convertible. But last week I purchased a Tesla Model X and will not buy Ford again going forward. This coming summer, I will trade the 2013 C-Max Energi for the new Model 3.
I am disappointed in my C-Max Energi as it now barely holds 4kw charge (10 miles range). When other car companies warranty 70% battery capacity, Ford wont tell us their warranty threshold.
I am also disappointed that Ford will build all of their Electric vehicles in China in a few years. I never want to buy a Ford vehicle built in China.
My first Mustang was built by Ford in San Jose CA and my future cars will be built a few miles north in Fremont, CA. There is no comparison... The future is electric and autonomy... and the US will continue to lead that revolution.

Edited by Axtrader, 29 December 2017 - 07:33 PM.

• dontfret and fotomoto like this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 145 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationEmmaus, PA
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 30 December 2017 - 04:47 AM

I get it. Thinking about a Model S with rear-facing seats, hoping the cost of used ones falls a lot in 2018 as more Model 3 deliveries get going.

#3 OFFLINE   marlowefamily

marlowefamily

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Energi Titanium w/ Moonroof

Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:24 PM

I agree with you that many consumers are not going to pay big $ for high end cars manufactured outside the USA (with, perhaps German/Italian cars being the exception).

That said, I don't see Tesla as a real competitor at the moment.  Their cars are too expensive and I hate the minimalist interface that is over reliant on big tablet type screens to do anything.  The C-Max got it right with 3 separate main displays, plus a few dedicated gauges and lots of buttons.

#4 OFFLINE   bschwerdt

bschwerdt

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 CMax Energi, 302A / 2017 Chevrolet Bolt Premier

Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:31 PM

Congrats on the Teslas.  I'm sure they will be life-changing.

#5 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan,GA
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX Hybrid

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:01 PM

I just don't see it until you can go into a Gas Station switch out HVB in ten minutes like a fill up. Just not piratical for over 200 miles, It takes way to long to charge and I average about 700 miles on a tank, long time before Teslas  have that range. IMO

Paul

#6 OFFLINE   bschwerdt

bschwerdt

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:08 PM

For each his own, Paul. When I travel, it's with kids.  We have to stop every 200 miles (3 hours) for a half-hour bio break anyway.  Might as well charge the car back up.

If that doesn't work for you, then a PHEV like the Energi is a great alternative.

In the meantime, the BEVs will get longer range and faster charging.  As a result, they will appeal to more and more buyers.

#7 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationNewnan,GA

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:46 PM

For each his own, Paul. When I travel, it's with kids.  We have to stop every 200 miles (3 hours) for a half-hour bio break anyway.  Might as well charge the car back up.

If that doesn't work for you, then a PHEV like the Energi is a great alternative.

In the meantime, the BEVs will get longer range and faster charging.  As a result, they will appeal to more and more buyers.

The other big issue is price which will also have to come down.  You can go 200 miles on half an hour charge.? Having an Hybrid I'm not use to looking for charging stations, In my travels across country I don't notice many so that could be a problem. I do know that there are lines at peak travel times.  :headscratch: It is 209 miles from El Paso to Pecos, TX, if you had an head wind it might be difficult to go that far, you think? Just something to think about before buying a cross country EV. 

Paul

Edited by ptjones, 09 January 2018 - 12:47 PM.

#8 OFFLINE   bschwerdt

bschwerdt

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:09 PM

No, my car cannot go 200 miles on a 30 minute charge.  GM advertises 90 miles in 30 minutes, although in theory it looks more like 100.  The current long-range Model 3 can, however, travel 200 miles on a half hour charge.  The technology exists, and I suspect several options will be available within 5 years.

Regarding finding charging stations "in the wild", you won't.  Not unless you look hard for them.  Today's EV traveler really needs to use a tool such as PlugShare to find charging.  That too is likely to change in the next 5 years, thanks in no small part to Electrify America (i.e. VW's penance for diesel-gate).

• ptjones and spirilis like this

#9 OFFLINE   epic

epic

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 163 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Locationburnet ,texas
  • Current Vehicle:cmax energI

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:43 AM

im similar to poster.not a lot of ford in my future.the energi goes to thenew driving daughter.i have a bolt andthe wife a model x.ford has lost me .not buying any china junk if possible & certainly not a car.

#10 OFFLINE   Axtrader

Axtrader

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max

Posted 23 April 2018 - 04:03 PM   Best Answer

Sold the 2013 C-MAX Energi for $12,200 with 52,2000 miles on the odometer. Very interesting buyer. I sold the CMAX to a Factory Certified Tesla Autobody repair facility in San Diego whose customers are demanding loaner cars with an HOV sticker like their Teslas. The Tesla autobody shop operates a small fleet of Ford CMAX Energi's to service the Tesla community who are in for autobody repair.

I recently received an invitation from Tesla to configure a Model 3 and will be placing my order shortly. Our 2016 Fusion Energi will go to our daughter as she geos away to college. We will also keep the 2003 Expedition as the beater mobile with ICE. We wont be buying any more gas powered cars in the future... there is nothing more enjoyable than electric torque, traffic aware cruise control, autosteer and never having to visit the dealership again. Thank you Elon and Tesla! Our Model X is simply a car from another planet and look forward to the same with the Model 3!

Edited by Axtrader, 23 April 2018 - 04:09 PM.

• cr08 and spirilis like this

#11 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Maxwell Smart

Posted 24 April 2018 - 05:59 AM

Wow, that's a whole new market for used Energis!

#12 OFFLINE   dontfret

dontfret

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 422 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 24 April 2018 - 08:57 AM

I recently received an invitation from Tesla to configure a Model 3 and will be placing my order shortly. Our 2016 Fusion Energi will go to our daughter as she geos away to college. We will also keep the 2003 Expedition as the beater mobile with ICE. We wont be buying any more gas powered cars in the future... there is nothing more enjoyable than electric torque, traffic aware cruise control, autosteer and never having to visit the dealership again. Thank you Elon and Tesla! Our Model X is simply a car from another planet and look forward to the same with the Model 3!

Now a new market for my 2013 NRG in San Diego?!?!  But the green (and white) stickers expire 1/1/2019.  Under the new extension to red stickers, you can't re-sticker a previously green-stickered used car unless it was first stickered in 2017 or 2018.

#13 OFFLINE   WheNRG

WheNRG

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationDallas
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Energi w/302A

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:28 AM

I just don't see it until you can go into a Gas Station switch out HVB in ten minutes like a fill up. Just not piratical for over 200 miles, It takes way to long to charge and I average about 700 miles on a tank, long time before Teslas  have that range. IMO

Paul

For a Tesla check out https://abetterrouteplanner.com/  or just look at the Tesla web page to get locations for super chargers and route planning.  They show you how to make long distance drives and how long to charge at each location.  Most long trips will be segments of 100-200 miles with less than 1/2 hr charging stops in between. If you compare it to a googlemaps route it will take you a bit longer, but google doesn't account for gas, food or bathroom stops, which you can accomplish while charging.  Overall driving a Tesla will add very little to a long distance drive, unless you are the type that does a splash and dash and eats while driving.   

#14 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationNewnan,GA

Posted 25 April 2018 - 02:04 PM

For a Tesla check out https://abetterrouteplanner.com/  or just look at the Tesla web page to get locations for super chargers and route planning.  They show you how to make long distance drives and how long to charge at each location.  Most long trips will be segments of 100-200 miles with less than 1/2 hr charging stops in between. If you compare it to a googlemaps route it will take you a bit longer, but google doesn't account for gas, food or bathroom stops, which you can accomplish while charging.  Overall driving a Tesla will add very little to a long distance drive, unless you are the type that does a splash and dash and eats while driving.   

I usually go 400 miles between stops with a range of 650 -700 miles per tank.  I go 800 -1000 miles a day when traveling and that would be hard to do in a Tesla and CMAX Hybrid gets better FE than NRG. My usual stop is around 15 min, stopping is a waist of time. :smile2: 

Paul 

#15 OFFLINE   spirilis

spirilis

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-Max Energi SE Kona Blue

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:11 PM

You must have an iron back!

#16 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationNewnan,GA

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:49 AM

Maybe their good seats. :smile2:  You Think

Paul

• spirilis likes this

#17 OFFLINE   GTIguy

GTIguy

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationDenver
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-MAX Energi Titanium, 2014 C-Max Hybrid (daughter's car)

Posted 02 May 2018 - 01:27 PM

Anyone committed to the Tesla lifestyle/dream/cult wouldn't be swayed by my opinion, but here it is. Nothing wrong with the Tesla except its poor build quality, the parent company's absurd tolerance for risk, the distracting CRT user interface, autopilots that may try to kill you at random, the thin charging infrastructure, the high cost, and the sedan bodystyle. Other than that, they're perfect. Have fun with yours.

• ptjones likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·