Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Reset window stop limits

windows

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   billh

billh

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationAustin, TX
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:51 AM

2013 C-Max Energi, original owner, 58k miles

The battery completely discharged when I left a cell phone charging over night while I was camping and the car was not plugged into the charger. There were no other energy draws, but the battery was low (0 miles electric range). I jumped the battery to start the engine, which recharged the battery just fine. But both front windows now don't operate correctly. They stop about 6" from the bottom. When raising to closed they hit the top and immediately open. The only way to close them is to very briefly click up on the switch a few times when the window is near closed.

How do I reset the stops?

I found a procedure at this site: <http://www.cmaxowner...alization.asp> but that does not work because if the switch close button is held the window opens.

Thanks,

Bill

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   billh

billh

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationAustin, TX
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:23 AM

The procedure to reset the window closed stop does work, but you must leave the window closed for some time period before holding the switch in up position. Resetting the closed stop also reset the open stop at full open.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·