Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Just Traded 2011 Prius in for a pre owned 2016 C-MAX Energi

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   coair73x

coair73x

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationWashington DC
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-MAX Energi SEL 303a Glass Roof 2016 C-Max Energi SEL 302a Black

Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:38 PM

My wife has a brand new  Red 2016 (we found it still on lot loaded 303A ) model we just bought 3 months ago and I loved it so much that I traded my 2011 Prius in the had 34k miles for a 2016 barely used with 12 k miles 302A Black on Black. I drive a lot on the battery here in Northern VA and was so impressed that we only had to put gas in 2 times in 2000 miles. Run around $15 to $17 to charge every month. We are not daily commuters to work btw. Prius won with the space in the back and mpg on long rides but Empg wins in town. Curious to see how it does on hwy on long rides. I will use my black one for that. I just loved the Sync 3 so much I had to buy a 16. 

• miboje likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationEmmaus, PA
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:05 AM

Nice! The Eco Cruise really helps on highway trips, and you can use Plugshare to plan a route that will put your stops places you can charge the battery.

My BIL and his wife had trouble charging his Volt and her C-Max (he liked mine so much they bought one) out of a single outlet in the garage - the circuit breaker would go. That's not really a big surprise if you think about it, so consider your circuits when charging both. ClipperCreek makes a dual-headed charger, I think, if you want to go with that.

#3 OFFLINE   coair73x

coair73x

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationWashington DC
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-MAX Energi SEL 303a Glass Roof 2016 C-Max Energi SEL 302a Black

Posted 14 December 2017 - 03:15 PM

Yes! I have tried the eco cruise a few times in my red one and will use it for sure in the black one for road trips and back and forth from airport where I work a few times a month. I am very lucky because I have a large 4 car auto shop in my backyard wired separate from my house so charging is not going to be an issue. Still contemplating putting in 240 station. I have the 240 already wired nicely. I also might be looking into putting solar on the roof but probably not worth it just for the Garage and 2 Hybrids. 

(Btw I just checked 120V Charger and it pulls close to 12 Amps. 1375 Watts. 

Edited by coair73x, 14 December 2017 - 06:11 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationEmmaus, PA

Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:31 AM

240 is great for preheating in the winter but not really mandatory, for sure. I had to put in a wire anyways so there was no reason for it not to be 240.

#5 OFFLINE   coair73x

coair73x

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationWashington DC

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:07 PM

How was having that installed?  I think it would be easy since I already have a 240 feed from previous owners commercial air compressor.  I love the idea of 4 hour charge vs 8.  If its under $800 I might think about it.  what 240 station did you use?

#6 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 499 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationArcadia, CA
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Honda Clarity PHEV

Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:52 AM

The 240V is less than 2 1/2 hours to charge.  I got a Leviton 40A unit a long time ago now.  I think the C-MAX uses maximum 16A at 240V....

#7 OFFLINE   ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationEmmaus, PA

Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:38 AM

I bought a $379 unit from ClipperCreek. My install was in the $1200 range because I had to have a 100-foot trench dug for the conduit, so if you already have a 240 line nearby it will definitely be a lot less than that. You could honestly probably do it yourself but it wouldn't be more than 2 hours of an electrician's actual work time, I imagine.

If there's already a 240-volt outlet you can get one of the plug-in units; I bought a hardwired one because it was a little cheaper and I didn't see a reason to add a point of failure out in the elements.

Last year, at least, there was a 25% tax credit for EVSE installation, which defrays the cost somewhat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·