Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

NJ EZ-PASS Toll Discount - Green Pass Discount Plan

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Sydney_NYC

Sydney_NYC

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationNorthern NJ/NYC Area
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi Titanium

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:35 AM

I was changing the payment method on our EZ-PASS account yesterday and found this little hidden discount plan for us at https://www.ezpassnj...out/plans.shtml

E-ZPass Enrollment Discount Plans

Green Pass Discount Plan (Tag specific)

Enrolled E-ZPass customers will receive a discount off the full fare off-peak toll on the New Jersey Turnpike and Garden State Parkway. Vehicles that obtain at least 45 miles per gallon and meet the California Super Ultra Low Emission Vehicle (SULEV) standard are eligible for the discount. To enroll in the plan the customer must submit a request in writing along with proof of eligibility (a copy of vehicle registration) to:

NJ E-ZPASS Customer Service Center
P.O. BOX 4972
Trenton, NJ 08650 
The customer may also bring the proof of eligibility to the NewarkDRBA or Camden Customer Service Centers.

I don't know what the discount is exactly and it's only for the NJ Turnpike and Garden State Parkway. Has anyone used this discount?

Attached Files

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A W Panoramic Roof

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:19 AM

I've got a green EZ-Pass/discount for mine here in NY.

#3 OFFLINE   ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationEmmaus, PA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:01 PM

I wonder if NY and NJ would grant their discount programs to my Pennsylvania EZ-Pass as I drive through their states if I registered appropriately. I haven't had cause to drive that way for over a year but the time may come again that I want to pass through those states on my way to New England.

#4 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:49 PM

It's been a while since I looked into this.  I got my green pass with my first Prius must be nearing a decade now and I don't use it all that often.

But as I recall I believe cars that get a high enough MPG rating can get the green pass and then there are specific discounts that get applied(pretty sure that's only in the designated state you signed up in, but who knows) though the passes do pretty much work anywhere.

#5 OFFLINE   Sydney_NYC

Sydney_NYC

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNorthern NJ/NYC Area
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi Titanium

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:13 PM

I've got a green EZ-Pass/discount for mine here in NY.

We mostly use the NJ Turnpike, GSP, and occasionally PANYNJ (GWB/Tunnels), and MTA ( Brooklyn Battery, and Tri-boro, still refuse to call in the RFK bridge, etc)

It would be nice if they would share discount programs.

Edited by Sydney_NYC, 11 December 2017 - 08:13 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:22 PM

So let me get this straight... I live in MA, I have a Cmax Enegi.  Can I apply to NJ turnpike to get some discount, or do I apply to Massachusetts to get a discount on all EZ Pass tolls across the entire northeast from Boston to Baltimore tunnel?

How do they even know I'm a "green car"?  I would make some sense that it should be designated on my EZ pass ID?

-=>Raja.

#7 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:26 AM

So let me get this straight... I live in MA, I have a Cmax Enegi.  Can I apply to NJ turnpike to get some discount, or do I apply to Massachusetts to get a discount on all EZ Pass tolls across the entire northeast from Boston to Baltimore tunnel?

How do they even know I'm a "green car"?  I would make some sense that it should be designated on my EZ pass ID?

-=>Raja.

Not sure how it works with applying for multiple/out of state EZ-passes.  They might allow it just fine, maybe not...  

Pretty sure my NY one will NOT give me discounts for other states(I almost think I had to choose a particular discount area even WITHIN the state).  But the pass does work as well as a normal one for all the way to Wisconsin or Florida as far as I've seen.

You have to supply something like a copy of your vehicle registration to verify that you own a qualifying vehicle to get the green pass.  At that point, you literally get a new EZ-Pass tag which is in fact green.(or at least that's my experience)

#8 OFFLINE   Jonathan Ezor

Jonathan Ezor

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 222 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLong Island, NY
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-MAX Energi

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:39 AM

I know you can participate in both the Port Authority and NY Thruway Green plans with one Green EZ-Pass. I think you have to be a NJ resident, or get your EZ-Pass from one of the NJ issuers, to get the NJ plan, but perhaps that has changed. Might be best to call to ask; I know that, when I applied for my Green EZ-Pass, I had to switch the issuing agency from the MTA (which did not participate) to one of the NY ones that *did* participate. {Jonathan}

#9 OFFLINE   Jonathan Ezor

Jonathan Ezor

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 222 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLong Island, NY
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-MAX Energi

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:43 AM

More on this: application info. for the NY State Green Pass, which is eligible for (some of) the green discounts, can be found at http://www.thruway.n...s/greentag.html.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·