Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

What would you like to see changed?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Milkman

Milkman

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationKy between Dead Horse Holler and Yellowbank
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:C-max Energi, Prius, Lexus

Posted 26 November 2017 - 11:30 AM

My other car is a hybrid and I am frequently comparing my C-Max and my other auto. There are a lot of things I like about the C-Max that I wish the other hybrid had, things like the quiet ride and the better quality of the interior material and more power etc. Some things I'd like to change about the C-Max is the room lost to the HV battery, it really limits what I can put back there. I also wish it had a spare tire, but the thing I notice most often is the truck like turning radius, That's all that I find right now that I would like to see changed or improved. Just wondering if anyone else has anything that could make a great car even better. 

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   grege

grege

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationDC Metro Area
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Cmax Energi Titanium

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:35 PM

I'd like to see it made into a 2-door version hatch with a slightly bigger battery extended underneath the rear seats for better mileage. 

The turning radius needs to be improved.

And install more knobs instead of the 'hundreds" of push-buttons.

Greg

Edited by grege, 26 November 2017 - 04:37 PM.

• ScottChi likes this

#3 OFFLINE   komondor

komondor

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 450 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Locationdenver
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 26 November 2017 - 06:11 PM

I would like to see a larger battery built into the floor pan so that it would have about 2X the range.  

A Spare tire would also be nice something like this would not take up much space.

With the right padding you could probably build it into the rear seat seatback.

OEM-Complact-Spare-Folding-Wheel-Tire-25

#4 OFFLINE   marlowefamily

marlowefamily

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSan Diego
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Energi Titanium w/ Moonroof

Posted 26 November 2017 - 06:46 PM

Well, since Ford is changing it's electric lineup over the next few years, who knows what they will end up with. I would say that I generally like the Ford C-Max's overall design and I appreciate the benefits of a PHEV over other other car options - being able to switch between gas and EV as needed is great for range, reliability, and overall flexibility. 

The strengths of the C-Max are a fully featured car, with wonderful interior, and overall great efficiency and driving range - all while still being a relatively affordable vehicle that doesn't require an expensive or complicated charging infrastructure.  A future remodel would hopefully accentuate those benefits wile also increasing cargo capacity.

So, in an ideal world, Ford would release C-Max Energi Titanium Mk2 with:

- 700 Mile total range, with at least 75 of those miles being pure EV

- The hybrid mode MPG needs to be class leading to ensure the car is still a great option even for buyers in areas with high electric costs

- Flexibility so that owners could switch between nightly L2 or weekly L1 charging as needed.

- Much better battery cooling, perhaps a real 12yr warranty on the battery

- An improved EV auto mode that when given the price of electricity and gas in the local area, learning how frequently the owner charges the car, and when when navigation between destinations is given, and with the use of incline/decline and battery temperature sensors would intelligently switch between the EV and ICE engine as needed to minimize overall fuel costs and prolong EV range and battery health.

- 20-30% more cargo room, even if it made the car longer.

- Improvements to driver seat comfort, for whatever reason I have more trouble with the C-Max than any other car in finding the best seating position (could be all the options, I'm constantly fiddling/tweaking it).

#5 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 499 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationArcadia, CA
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Honda Clarity PHEV

Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:15 AM

I would like to see a larger battery built into the floor pan so that it would have about 2X the range.  

A Spare tire would also be nice something like this would not take up much space.

With the right padding you could probably build it into the rear seat seatback.

OEM-Complact-Spare-Folding-Wheel-Tire-25

Vredestein Space Master 185/60-17 93P would work almost perfectly with the 225/50-17 tires on the C-MAX.  I could not find the specs on what wheel size it would fit on though.......

#6 OFFLINE   cr08

cr08

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 164 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ice Storm C-Max Energi

Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:44 AM

- Stick with a CUV or Hatch formfactor

- Design the vehicle from the ground up as a PHEV with provisions for better battery placement that does NOT encroach on cargo space.

- Reach Volt EV range at minimum. 40-50mi would be great

- Better active battery temp management (I am still baffled on Ford's thought process. They had an active A/C cooled battery in the 2005-2009 Escape hybrids but went with the current air cooled only design in 2010. Which is funny as that is about the same time they went from a belt driven AC compressor to an electric one like we have now operated off the HVB.)

As a nice-to-have, an improved EV Auto mode as marlowefamily pointed out above. Even the Kia Niro has the feature with the nav system that takes the route into account in managing what mix of EV/ICE to use. At least with the 2013's, it does feel really dumb and needs to be manually operated based on numerous conditions including better battery temp management and not being at the very upper threshold of safe temps. I don't go into NEARLY the level of micro-managing that someone like rbort does but still do the normal Highway-EV Later/Around town or <50mph-EV Now or Auto.

Other than that I can't really think of anything else to improve on. Despite some of its quirks and shortfalls, it really does nail a lot of things given what there is to work with. 

Edited by cr08, 27 November 2017 - 08:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·