Just a tip for everyone if you run into the same issue. I own a 2014 Cmax Energi.
My powered sunshade would not close properly. After pressing the button, it would close to the end and automatically retract itself.
For a while I had to time it, by waiting until the sunshade is almost at the end and the pressed the button again for it to close it properly.
While I was recycling my modem fuse, I thought might as well recycle the powered sunshade fuse as well to see if it would fix this issue.
Well, it did FIXED it and the powered sunshade now closes properly with a single button press.
Here are the steps for 2014 Cmax Energi:
1) Unplug your car, do not charge it while you are attempting to do this.
2) Locate fuse F81 underneath the passenger glove box.
3) This 5A fuse is located on the 3rd column and last row.
4) Use a needlenose plier and pull it out.
5) Wait 10 seconds
6) Put it back (I used my finger to just push it in)
7) Turn on your car
8) Try the powered sunshade now.