Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

New to me 2014 Ford C-Max Energi SEL

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   AbiMax

AbiMax

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationSt. Petersburg, FL
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford C-Max Energi SEL

Posted 20 November 2017 - 06:37 PM

Hello everyone! Purchased my C-Max about 2 months ago and love everything about it. My last vehicle was a 1990 Honda CRX so the C-Max is a real treat to me. The C-Max currently has 44k miles on it. Had an issue with the tire pressure monitoring system and the right passenger window would bounce back down as soon as the window reached its full range but thankfully I have the Ford Extended Warranty which fixed the problems and covered most of the cost. It was about time to change the tires out so I purchased new Michelin Energy Saver tires all around for many more miles to come. My commute is about 25 miles round trip Monday-Friday not a long one but I do enjoy saving on gas. I also enjoy modifying my vehicles with that being said, I have installed WeatherTechs FloorLiner floor mats which are incredibly awesome and purchased some other OEM Ford goodies as well. I hope to learn lots from this community and hopefully have some knowledge to share with you guys as well. Wish you guys the best and thank you for passing by!

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationEmmaus, PA
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:33 AM

Welcome. Have you been able to do your whole commute trip on plug-in power yet? Probably a challenge but it could be possible on the right day.

#3 OFFLINE   GTIguy

GTIguy

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationDenver
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-MAX Energi Titanium, 2014 C-Max Hybrid (daughter's car)

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:17 AM

Good for you- sounds a lot like the used car I picked for my daughter. 

If you have a history of modding your cars, you might get frustrated with the C-MAX. Beyond those floor mats, I've found nothing on the aftermarket. No skid plate, no suspension upgrades, and no... what else would you want, anyhow? It's not like the VW or Subaru worlds I'm familiar with. Good thing it's such a good-driving car from the factory.

#4 OFFLINE   AbiMax

AbiMax

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSt. Petersburg, FL
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford C-Max Energi SEL

Posted 02 December 2017 - 05:43 PM

Welcome. Have you been able to do your whole commute trip on plug-in power yet? Probably a challenge but it could be possible on the right day.

Going one way it's possible but going back home not so much. I could try charging it at work but my charger is drilled into the wall at home. I'm sure if I bought another charger it would pay for itself in time!

Good for you- sounds a lot like the used car I picked for my daughter. 

If you have a history of modding your cars, you might get frustrated with the C-MAX. Beyond those floor mats, I've found nothing on the aftermarket. No skid plate, no suspension upgrades, and no... what else would you want, anyhow? It's not like the VW or Subaru worlds I'm familiar with. Good thing it's such a good-driving car from the factory.

Thank you! I'm in love with it. But yea aftermarket is pretty weak for the C-Max. I have purchased the visor for the nose of the car, visors for the windows and about to purchase mud flaps for all 4 wheels. Not much to modify but adding those little things make it look so much nicer. Maybe some wheels? Time to take out photoshop! It drives awesome, especially with new tires. My C-Max had a really annoying sound from the rear wheels almost sounded like a bad wheel bearing. Took it too ford and they said the tires were unevenly worn causing the ugly noise. Switched all tires with alignment sense it's about that time anyways and it drives so smooth. It's feels like a new car. But it seems to be I may need to pick up a little Honda too tinker around with on the weekends. 

A few pictures of the C-Max after a quick wash and vac. (I love the little ford emblem they put on the visor) : 

Attached Files

Edited by AbiMax, 02 December 2017 - 05:46 PM.

• Milkman likes this

#5 OFFLINE   Milkman

Milkman

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationKy between Dead Horse Holler and Yellowbank
  • Current Vehicle:C-max Energi, Prius, Lexus

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:55 AM

Looks good, I like that color. I haven't found much that the C-Max needs, I just got the Maxfloor mats, like the Weathertech only cheaper,  and the Vent Visors,  only thing left is window tint next spring.

#6 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,032 posts
  • LocationNC
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:01 AM

Looks good, I like that color. I haven't found much that the C-Max needs, I just got the Maxfloor mats, like the Weathertech only cheaper,  and the Vent Visors,  only thing left is window tint next spring.

The Sharkfin antenna  was something I added on quite awhile ago and have always liked the change in look.

Tom

#7 OFFLINE   komondor

komondor

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 410 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Locationdenver
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:49 PM

Some items and ideas here

https://www.ebay.co....max accessories